Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fave Workout Spots...

One of my best memories from Tanner as an infant and into his toddlerhood was the stroller walks/jogs/runs we would take together. When he got too big for the stroller, I was a little sad...but now I get to share these experiences all over again with Breckin and I'm so excited. Nothing gets me more motivated to workout than knowing that I don't have to be away from my children to accomplish it.

Here are some of my favorite workout spots that I plan to introduce to Breckin in the next few months:

SULLIVAN'S ISLAND


I can't even count how many times I took Tanner to this beach for strolls...whether it was along the water or down Middle St and through the streets lined with beautiful beach homes. Some of our walks would last 2 hours! Or however long I could get him to cooperate. ☺ I love it because it's so peaceful, beautiful and serene.

MOUNT PLEASANT PIER/PARK


I love this new park in Mount Pleasant. It's such a great place to take kids. It will be nice to go on a walk or bike ride with Tanner & Breckin and be able to stop at the play park for them to play. Of course Breckin won't be doing much playing anytime too soon, but Tanner will definitely love it!

ECO FITNESS/BLUE TURTLE YOGA


I cancelled my membership at East Shore Athletic Club this past June since I was hugely pregnant and my sore hips made it almost impossible to get a real workout in. I was a member of Eco Fitness prior to joining East Shore. I had only left Eco because of the distance it was to the house we bought in 2008. Now that I'm doing my cleaning business and have many more hours available to me during the day, the distance isn't as big of a deal...I plan on rejoining Eco Fitness this winter. I love this gym...and Tanner loved the kid's care. So even though this will be my place to workout not WITH them, at least I know that they are in good hands and will have a great time while Mommy gets in her "me" time (everyone needs a little of that). I love the group fitness classes, the strength training & cardio equipment and my favorite Spin instructor, George! I can't wait to be a gym member again...this is the first time in 9 years that I haven't had a gym membership! That feels so crazy to me!

DANIEL ISLAND LEISURE TRAILS


Daniel Island is such a beautiful island. I am so glad we live just down the street from it! I love the leisure trails...they have workout equipment along the trails! I could spend all day walking on this island and not get bored with the scenery. I loved taking Tanner for walks and I can't wait to take Breckin.


Friends/Family - if you would like any of the pictures you see of us on the blog, please just right-click on the image and save it to your computer. You are welcome to print at your leisure! They are all high-pixel images. If you do not know my family or me, you probably shouldn't right-click/save or print any of our images. Just saying.

1 comment:

Jen Small said...

Sounds like you have some great places to be active :) I love the beach too and Lola and I spend many, many hours there~
Congrats on your new arrival. Wishing you all the best with Baby Breckin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...