Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday's 10 Random Thoughts

{one}

On a whim, I took the kids out to the beach last Thursday afternoon after work. Jake was playing his normal Thursday night beach volleyball there, so we all hung out.




I am Hell-bent on getting out to the beach a lot this summer to make up for last summer's postpartum reclusive phase. So I'm trying to get out there every Sunday as a family and then of course during the week like this when we can make it happen!

{two}

Getting back on the clean eating and meal preparation plan and I was referred to a company that actually does the cooking and prepping FOR you. The company is Just Stuff It Charleston. It's really not even that bad of pricing when you consider the time it saves and I bet it tastes a heck of a lot better than anything I prep and it will add some variety {I usually just cook chicken breast, sweet potatoes and veggies in bulk and eat them all week...same thing every day}. One of my friends is an IFBB Pro competitor and she uses them and loves it. Anything approved by her as far as food goes, I know is legit and a good plan. I was even lucky enough that they happened to have a Groupon going so I got Jake and I our first week's worth of food {just lunches and dinners for M-F work week} for $70! It gets delivered every Sunday evening, so it's perfect. I will happily subscribe to this every week, especially if it helps me get slimmed down!

{three}

Speaking of slimming down, Body Beast is going great. I don't know what it is, but I seem to always feel I can see a difference even after just one week in my muscle tone. Might just be my imagination, but I'll take it because it makes me feel good and want to keep going. Husband jumped on my bandwagon so to speak and is doing early AM Insanity workouts now. Glad to see him back into it as well.


{four}

In not-so-slimming fashion {hey, I'm not perfect}, I took the boys out after work yesterday to get some ice cream before we picked up Farrah from daycare. It was nice to get some time with just them and with the 100+ degree humidity, it was well worth it.


Just love those happy faces.

{five}

Despite the crazy heat wave we've had the last few days, Farrah is really wanting to explore outdoors more now. She loves to crawl around on the porch. Excuse the no-pants, it was really hot after all.



Besides, who doesn't love looking at those chunky thighs?

{six}

Speaking of chunky thighs, those mosquitoes are relentless and they certainly love those sweet things...and the rest of her. She's a lot like Breckin...they are attracted to her and cause welts. I made a bug spray my essential oils and it has been working fabulously! I also love that I can protect her without using any chemicals on her sensitive skin. This is the recipe I used:

All-Natural Bug Spray
10 drops Citronella
10 drops Thieves
10 drops Peppermint
2 oz Witch Hazel
2 oz Water

I just bought a small spray bottle from Target and refill as needed. I'll even spray it all around our porch rug and furniture out there to keep them out of the area.

Homemade Essential Oil Insect Repellent Spray-be aware that citrus oils can increase sun sensitivity

{seven}

I haven't done any outfit posts this week because I hit my head hard on Sunday {damn klutz that I am} and have a bit of a bump/bruise. I suppose I could always Photoshop it out, but I like to keep it real. Stay tuned for some outfit posts hopefully next week.

{eight}

I need good ideas for Father's Day - for both my dad and my husband. What can the kids make for Daddy this year? I bought him a new duffel bag for beach volleyball per his request, but I feel like I still need to do more. My dad lives far away so I always end up sending a card and making a phone call, but would like something more personal this year {though he's never been the mushy type, hence, I'm not either.} Let me know if you have good ideas!

{nine}

Looking forward to the weekend...Party at the Point on Friday night with my wine club gals, and hopefully some pool and beach time with the kids. I also hope to get Jake to FINALLY paint our stairwell and master bedroom! It's been on the to-do list forever now. Maybe then I can finally finish redecorating the master and also hanging some pictures and mirrors back up in the hallway. I hate looming projects. Some inspiration pictures for our master:

A fun way to add color to the bedroom.  I alternate throw pillows with the seasons and this beautiful Radiant orchid color makes its debut in the boudoir in the summer!
{via}
love the white with a pop of color!!! master bedroom
{via}

{ten}

OK, I need to keep the workout motivation high so I'm posting some memes that are inspiring. Have a great rest of your week.

Create the body that you desire most, stop wishing for it! http://www.onesteptoweightloss.com/lose-weight-quick-3-day-detox

I love this quote! Always be better than who you were yesterday. You are your own worst enemy.

25 Kick-Ass Fitness Quotes | StyleCaster  | Come get your fitness on at Fitness Together in Novi, MI!  Get personal one-on-one-training, a nutrition guideline, and other services that will change your life for the better!  Call (248) 348-9230 or visit our website www.fitnesstogether.com/novi for more information!

Yes I like to look like a woman. Curves and all. The goal is to be fit and healthy. Not thin and bony


facebooktwitterrsspinterestbloglovingoogleplus
Follow

Linking Up With:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...