Friday, June 19, 2015

Five on Friday

I have been scarce this week and I apologize...but if you see my #1, you will know why. Hope y'all have had a great week! Here are my five for this week...

{one}

On sort of a whim, and sort of planned, I decided to revamp my fitness blog, The Gym Bunny, this week. I've given it a new url and it is now on Wordpress instead of Blogger {a jump I hope to make with this blog soon as well!} So as many of you know, setting up a new blog from scratch can be a daunting task. I also still have some things to tweak with the design and all, but it is up and running. I am excited for the new direction I plan to head it in and I really hope you will consider following via your choice, or choices, of social media and Bloglovin' too of course.




{two}

The last couple days in Charleston have been solemn ones. The historic downtown church shooting that took nine precious lives has done the opposite of what white vs. black hate crimes have done to other cities such as Ferguson and Baltimore. We have come together to show love for the city and it's people - of all races, ages, colors, religious backgrounds, whatever differences we have - and we have prayed. I am so glad they caught the very disturbed individual that carried out this horrific act of hate and intolerance.



{three}

It has been one heck of a scorcher this past week or so in Charleston. The heat index has been over 100 for days. I took the kids to the pool after work on Tuesday, but even that water felt like a lukewarm bath. It was nice to change up the afternoon routine though.



{four}

Father's Day is Sunday and we plan to go to the beach so Jake can get his precious volleyball time {it's the least I can do}. Farrah's new beach tent arrived from Amazon this week, so I'm excited to try it out. Her little one broke last time when I was trying to set it up so we had to trash it. This one is bigger and is one of those half-canopy tents that is made for the beach, so even I can sit in it with her, which will be nice. Once we get home I believe we are having his parents over to BBQ. What are you doing to celebrate with all the important dads in your life?

{five}

Farrah is getting around so much now...I don't remember it ever being this bad with the boys...maybe it just seems so because I have three now? Or I've accumulated a lot of dangerous household decor in the last few years? She isn't walking, but she's a speedy little crawler and pulls up on everything. She can't be let out of sight and it's exhausting. It's also a really sweet age...and even though she's trying to get into things she shouldn't all the time, she's so innocent and bright-eyed...


Hope y'all have a great weekend - I'm headed to Party at the Point this evening with the wine club gals to celebrate one of their birthdays. Looking forward to a fun, sun-filled weekend {and hopefully no heat stroke!} xo

facebooktwitterrsspinterestbloglovingoogleplus
Follow

Linking Up With:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...