Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Technology/Screen Time Solution For Kids

I don't know about any of you other mommas out there, but my boys sure do try to get excess computer / video game/ TV time. I've never been one to like the idea of kids playing video games, but in this day in age, I've certainly realized it is a battle I can't win. However, it is still so important to me that they get out and exercise, run, play, read and use their imaginations and creativity. I feel screen time should fall after all of that on the priority list.

I've tried my fair share of chore systems, behavior charts and the like to find something that works for my boys. Nothing ever seems to stick, or provides enough motivation for them. I knew that I had to use the one thing they seem to cherish the most these days as leverage: screen time.

I'm going to share with you how I've incorporated technology use/screen time into a system that works to get them to behave properly, be active and creative and do some chores around the house without constantly complaining to me.




I felt it important to put a limit on the time that they are allowed to use in one session, otherwise, it can definitely get carried away. And I definitely feel a 90-min per day max is sufficient {my aim is to never even have that much time be used at once, maybe just on rainy/cold days}.

Do you have a system that helps you keep the technology time under control for your kids? I'd love to hear your ideas. Do you think this system could work for you?


facebooktwitterrsspinterestbloglovingoogleplus
Follow

Linking Up With:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...