Friday, July 26, 2013

5 On Friday


Happy Friday, y'all!

I am soooooo glad it's Friday. I've had a Hellacious week in terms of work. It all started Friday when my office's internet just up and decided to stop working mid-afternoon. I had to go home and finish out my day {OK, didn't really mind that}. I then had to work from home on Monday until ATT called me to let me know they were headed to the office to check it out. When we got there around noon, we discovered it had started working again fine on it's own {which I had told them it probably would}. Then Monday night, as I'm hacking away at some work emails from home, my antivirus program on my work laptop starts it's scheduled scan. I shut down all of my open stuff and let it run. After it was over, my computer would not connect to the internet. It wouldn't pick up any wireless connections, and not even work when I hard-wired it. I tried everything I could {and I'm pretty computer savvy}. I ended up taking it to Staples and they found out my computer's drivers just vanished....so weird. They tried to reinstall those, but it wouldn't work, so they ended up having to reinstall Windows completely. I. lost. everything. Mind you, all of this fixin' took all of Tuesday and Wednesday, so I had to be at home for work both days feeling pretty useless without access to my company's files {they are in Dubai, I'm the only one here in Charleston}. Anywho - I'm just glad it's fixed now!

Well, if I haven't bored you enough yet, here's my 5 for Friday list:

1.  The paternal grandparents are taking the kiddos to stay at a beach house on Folly Beach this weekend. I love those rugrats, but Momma is glad to be getting a break!


Y'all see that craziness? Yeah, it's ALWAYS like that.

2. Thanks to #1, Hubby and I are getting a date night! We plan to go to a friends' pool party on the Isle of Palms tomorrow afternoon and then head to the Windjammer to see a Michael Jackson tribute band that is supposed to be pretty good. Thanks to our VIP status at the Jammer {due to Hubby's obsession with beach volleyball}, we got our names put on "the list" and will get in for free. That's how we roll, people. This is us at the OAR concert last week {another rare moment sans kids!}


3. I've quit my so-not-worth-it side gig as the opener at my gym. I've actually decided to start running my cleaning biz again on the side. Any of you in the Charleston area looking for housecleaning, or know someone who might be, please contact me. It's A Modern Cinderella - Licensed - Bonded - Insured. I've run it since 2009, but took a little hiatus earlier this year due to the gym job and my full-time job. I'm headed to NYC in December and I really need some extra spending money, so my plan is to put everything I make from cleanings into that pot.

A Modern Cinderella on Facebook

4. I think I'm slowly becoming obsessed with Tyler Hubbard of Florida-Georgia Line. It must be the songs? I think it's his voice...so country...so hot. {C'MON!!} I don't know. Right off the bat, he's not the type of guy I normally find attractive. But I LOVE their song "Cruise"...especially the Nelly version. So far, I like every song I've heard from them. Caught this video the other night...he is sexy. {Sorry, Hubby. But can he be one of my five freebies? You have to watch Friends to get that.}

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/tasteofcountry.com/files/2012/10/FGL-Tattoo.jpg


5. Lastly, I'm setting a new goal for myself. I work out a lot, but I am not satisfied with where I'm at physically. {Damn you, wine.} I'm setting a goal for myself to lose at least 10 lbs by the time I go to New York in December with my mom. I'm going to do that by changing my eating and drinking habits {I work out a lot already, so I don't think that is where the main changes are needed.} I posted about my new favorite green smoothie on my blog, The Gym Bunny. These have been great and really do keep me full in the mornings. If you check out the blog, I hope you'll become a follower.

Body measurements tape


Have a great weekend, y'all!


Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...