Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thursday Thoughts & Thirty-Six Weeks

I am 36 weeks pregnant now, y'all! It's getting so close and I'm soooo impatient, it's killing me. Ready for so many things...ready to workout and have my body back, ready to enjoy some cocktails with friends {hello, summertime!} and most of all, ready to meet my precious daughter. I forgot to take a picture this morning, and it's too hard to take a prego selfie at work, so I will just show you last week's bump picture {I'm looking pretty much the same this week}.




Jake and I finally nailed down a name for baby girl last night. If you're a friend on Facebook, you might know I did a fun little baby name bracket {in honor of March Madness} that had my top 16 names eventually narrowed down to one. Sadly, I will say that we did not choose the name that actually won. {I know, such cheaters, right?} My main goal for doing the bracket was to help get Jake finally on board with my name choices by seeing all of the wonderful compliments we received on so many of them. Even though I love the winning name, it wasn't something my husband was able to agree on, but with all the help of the positive response about most of the names, we were finally able to come to agreement on one of them.

What is it, you ask?

To be announced when she is. {Oh, the suspense!}

In other news, I've {at least for now} traded in my dark brunette locks for much blonder ones. I've been a dark brunette now for a quite a few years and thought I would try a little blonde again for something different {maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, but I think it's great for summertime}.




It looks a bit golden in this picture, but it's really more of a light ashy blonde. I've been for two full highlight sessions now with my new favorite hairstylist, Kasondra. I wanted to get as much done as I could before baby comes because I don't imagine I'll have too much time for the salon after that.

The nursery is coming along...though I'm a bit antsy because I've never gotten this close to baby time without having the nursery fully finished. We had a setback when we put the house on the market in March because I decided to forgo anymore decorating at that time, but now that we are staying put, I'm back into decorating/nesting mode. Right now, it still pretty much looks like this:




I do have the closet and dresser organized with all her clothes, by age {and color because I'm OCD}. And a changing pad has been added to the dresser. However, because I'm a glutton for punishment, I have decided {4 weeks prior to due date no less} that I want to trade out the bed in there for a full-size daybed. It will create so much more floor space for her to play on when she gets to the crawling around stage. Right now, it's our queen guest bed, but I've decided to sell it and I've ordered this to go in its place:




It's the Morgan Day Bed from Walmart {so I kind of figured it was fate}. The fun part {this is where I am a glutton for punishment} is going to be working with Jake to move the mattresses out and dispose of them properly, break down the other bed and sell it and then set up the new bed when it arrives sometime next week. Oh, and I'll also have to order a full-size mattress. Yes, I apparently thrive on stress and time crunches.

I've also ordered a mobile from this shop on Etsy for over the crib. It will look like this:




The next things on the list for the nursery are:

  • Area rug
  • Curtain
  • Paintings for the wall {I imagine I won't find time for this until I'm no longer working.}
  • Paint the two mirrors {the frames} I have and hang.
  • The baby :-)
And then we're pretty much done with the space!


That's pretty much the bulk of my thought process for today...I do also want to thank those of you that have stuck around here...even though the last few weeks my posts have been scarce. I fully plan on picking back up...I've got my last week of work next week...and then waiting for baby's arrival...so I'll get back to normal posting very soon.


Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...