Monday, November 21, 2011

11 Days of Thankfulness: Day Eight

11 Days of Thankfulness: Day Eight

I am thankful for: Being an Artist

I have always loved to express myself through creativity. Ever since I can remember, I've been drawing, painting and doing crafty things. I really enjoy it. I even went to college for graphic design (though I do often wish I had taken the more practical road and chosen something like Business Management, but that's another story for another day). I always love for things to be full of color and constantly find myself attracted to bold and bright things...whether it be in my clothing, my accessories or my font type for my email signature (that last one was for my boss, who routinely gives me shit for it.)

I obviously don't have as much time anymore as I'd like to be crafty and creative since becoming a mommy, wife and full-time employee, but I try to grab hold of the opportunity whenever it does present itself. I find myself wanting to paint more pictures to put in my home as decor, or even consume myself in DIY home improvement projects or interior design and decor. I'm constantly changing up things in my house - it probably drives my husband crazy, but hopefully he will agree they are always changes for the better!

I recently got back into painting after quite the hiatus and find myself eager to do more. I've set up an easel area in my bedroom (gotta keep the paints out of reach of the kiddos as they are not the washable kind!) I am excited to redevelop my talent in that area (absence makes the hand go rusty, as I like to say).

I am thankful I was given artistic talent - it's such a beautiful form of expression. I hope to always get better and to share my art with others. I'm especially thankful when people actually admire my work!


Rose - 2001 (Chalk)


These are just a couple of my pieces, I don't have pictures of everything. I will have to take some and post someday soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...