Wednesday, November 16, 2011

11 Days of Thankfulness: Day Three

11 Days of Thankfulness: Day Three

I am thankful for: My Health and Motivation to be Fit

First and foremost, I'm thankful for my good health. Without that, I could not be so involved in fitness. I was blessed to be born without physical ailments or disabilities. I think that a lot of us take for granted that each morning we are able to get ourselves out of bed and onto our feet unassisted. Who am I to not show my thankfulness for my God-given clean bill of health by being lazy and throwing it all away? That's why I don't. I'm so thankful that I have the ability to move my limbs freely...to walk, to run, to jump...to dance. Why wouldn't I try to keep my body in optimum health? I'm thankful to God, and I owe it to Him to take care of the very able body He has given me. He could have chosen to give anyone else these abilities, but He chose me.

I am glad that from a young age I was taught to take pride in and care of my body. Being a dancer, I put my body through strenuous training in order to be competitive in the sport. But I enjoyed the way it made me feel - strong, beautiful and accomplished.

I've carried that with me throughout my life. Even though I no longer dance competitively, I take pride in keeping my body fit and strong. I enjoy learning more and more about the science of fitness. I enjoy trying new activities and whatever the latest fitness craze may be (as long as it's not a crash-diet or anything). I love sharing my knowledge of health and fitness with others and seeing them succeed.


Race for the Cure 2011

Not only did God bless me with an able body, but he also blessed me with a motivated mind. I push myself to be better because I love to accomplish goals. Some people make think I'm crazy or get sick of hearing me talk about it, others may find inspiration in it...either way, I don't care because it's not about them. I love the way it makes me feel in the end, no matter how hard the path was to get there. I've had my ups and downs in the fitness department. I've had to push my way through two postpartum bellies (and thighs and butts), I've had to lower my BMI and fat percentage to reach my ideal weight. I've had to learn the right way to eat. It didn't just come naturally to me. God gave me the tools; I had to figure out how to use them. I am so thankful that I take pride in my health and fitness.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...