Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Musings

Hey y'all! I've again let this blog go on the wayside for the past week. Having a hard time getting back into it - but I've actually been spending some time getting some things organized around the house, redecorating the front porch {post to come!} and well, playing with my boys - it is summer, after all! {And if I don't live a little or get projects done, well, I'll have nothing to write about here!}

Friday evening, I went to Party at the Point at Patriots Point in Mount Pleasant. It's been years since I've been. It was a great atmosphere, a perfect night weather-wise and just nice to get out. I was with my friend, Suz, her husband, Bill and her mom, Sue, who was visiting from England:




Saturday I went and picked up these lovely things I found on Craigslist:


{pic from ad, not my porch}

As I mentioned above, I'm redecorating the front porch - it was a little too crowded with the large wicker furniture I had up there and we never sat out there and enjoyed it, so I moved those to the back for extra seating. I've so far gotten these chairs, a bistro table in need of TLC {I painted it, will post on that!} and a few cute flower pots and decor, etc. I have more ideas for the space - definitely looking for a cute runner rug and the perfect pillows for the chairs. I may paint the chairs, haven't decided yet, so they are staying as-is for right now. My inspiration is Jen's recent front porch re-do:

{source}
Although the front porch is not complete, I was able to sit outside, enjoy a beverage and watch my boys run through their new sprinkler:




That was the whole plan for redoing the space in the first place...we never enjoy the front yard, and I love that the porch is covered, unlike the back deck, so even if it's raining, we can sit outside and enjoy the warm weather.

Yesterday, we went to church and then the beach. I didn't actually get many "beach" pictures this time, but the boys had fun with their boogie boards and it was a gorgeous Sunday. Here's a pic I did get of my crazy guys:




Oh, and in other news, I chopped my hair last week - a whole 6-7 inches!


Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...