Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Place Your Bets {Pantone Color of the Year 2014}

I'm going to play a guessing game. This Pantone Color of the Year thing...I think I will be just about spot on with the color for 2014.

A little history of the Pantone Colors of the Year since 2000:

http://sunnyslideup.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Pantone-Color-Of-The-Year-Past-Decade.jpg

Obviously, guessing the exact name of the color would be next to impossible, but I'm going to put it out here right now - so I have the bragging rights of saying "I told you so" and "Girl got ESP, yo". And if not, you can laugh and laugh and I will say those three words I never ever say {at least to my husband}, "I was wrong."

My feeling on this next color, is that it's going to be in the lavender/purple family. I'm actually not a huge fan of purple in my decor, nor do I have much of it in my closet, but I feel like it's coming back around.

Xhmeujrrgcieionbio82
{source}

Jqc8gz6dlgmegdwxrcjl
{source}
J7xauqfvjvx2pqkb0dh7
{source}


If the color is more toward the darker shade end of purple, I see it having a little bit of indigo or gray tone within. Remember Lauren Conrad & Heidi Montag's apartment on The Hills - that beautiful purple-gray wall color against the stark white couch?


http://i-cdn.apartmenttherapy.com/ol-images/la/uploads/091007_lcapt.jpg
{source}

*Sorry - only picture I could find of it!

So there you have it, my friends...my prediction for PCOTY2014.

What's yours?

Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...