Friday, September 27, 2013

Five on Friday



Hey y'all - happy Friday! I definitely need a weekend...but somehow I don't think I'll get much rest...two rambunctious boys makes that a wee bit difficult. This week has been the hardest thus far in this pregnancy....ultra-exhausted, starting to get nauseous on an empty or too full stomach and I really felt "hormonally-charged" when it came to my mood. Plus, getting a flat tire on the way to dropping the boys off to school on Wednesday really sucked...I was also due for rear brakes. It all got taken care of, but you know those things are never fun. 7 weeks down, 33 to go...

BUT, enough about that, going to try and turn it around.

In other news, here are five things I am happy about this Friday...

{one}
Yesterday, baseball practice got cancelled, but I found out a little late - on the way to practice. I was actually sort of glad because it's such a rush getting the boys a quick dinner and then racing to practice to get there on time. I love walking the bridge during practice, but my body definitely needed to not feel rushed yesterday...it had taken enough. So, we took a detour and headed here instead:

{via my Instagram}
{two}
I love having a Kohl's charge card. They send their monthly mailings where you either get a 15%, 20% or 30% off coupon and I hit the jackpot this time with a 30% off coupon. Plus, they sent me a $10 coupon in my email just for switching to paperless statements. I knew I was going to score big. I left with a couple books for the kids {a buy one get one half off deal} and this Simply Vera Wang bag to take with me on my NYC trip in December {I had been looking for a good big bag to be able to carry my DSLR in while I walk the streets of NYC}:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SIMPLY-VERA-VERA-WANG-BROWN-SNAKESKIN-SATCHEL-HANDBAG-NWT-129-/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/$(KGrHqFHJCcFBn99nf5wBQm2L2NLtg~~60_35.JPG

I was so lucky because it was originally $99.00 and they had it displayed on their 60% off rack for SVW handbags {it wasn't alone, there were a few of the same bag}, but when I went to the register, it rang for $64.99. I told the lady it was with plenty of the same bag, not looking misplaced, the employees definitely messed up when they set it there, and she ended up giving me the entire 60% off. Score. I left with those two books and that bag for under $40.00 total after my coupon discounts. Gotta love Kohl's. I felt kinda bad that she had to give me the extra off, but it was definitely a misleading advertisement, and technically they are supposed to offer the advertised price, even if it's their mistake. I learned this tactic from my mom.

{three}
Experienced yet again a nice bridge walk with Breckin on Tuesday during Tanner's baseball practice...it was a gorgeous sunset. I even had some extra time to take him the the play park under the bridge afterward.

{via my Instagram}

{four}
As a writer for Skinny Mom, they are having me do a product review on Hilaria Baldwin's new prenatal yoga DVD that comes out on Oct. 1st. It's actually really nice, I think it will help me maintain my flexibility throughout, and it definitely relieves back pain. If you're preggers, be sure to check it out!


http://www.alignyo.com/sites/alignyo.com/files/img/blog/hilaria-baldwin-prenatal-yoga-DVD.jpg?1378755900

{five}
We've had some great fall temps here in Charleston lately...I'm hoping I can pull out the scarves and boots really soon...this 3rd baby is showing a lot faster than my 1st and 2nd, so I'd like to be able to be comfy in some leggings and sweater dresses really soon!

{via}



Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...