Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Breckin's Room Reveal

About this time last year, we made the transition from crib to twin bed for Breckin. It was at this time I started decorating his big boy room. It has been a long process...just adding things here and there. I had actually planned on painting it, but never got around to that. It's a little bittersweet to share this post now because now that Hubby and I have found out our news, we are planning on bunking the two boys in one room. I plan on revealing Tanner's room as well, since his made big changes too. Here is a picture of the moodboard I had created for Breckin's room:


And here's what we've ended up with:


The bed and bedding were Tanner's old sets. The bedding was from Target and I love it so much. I wish they still sold it so I could do matching bunk beds with it when the time comes!


The dresser was given to me by a friend when I was pregnant with Tanner. I actually have two of them! They are actually pretty cute - bamboo detailed. Perfect for a beach-themed room.


The striped rug is also from Target. The dog just follows me around.


This is his desk area...he's a bit too young for schoolwork yet, but I was planning early. He's also big on tools right now, so his tool bench sits right beside. The "B" picture is one I painted myself and the frame was around $3 at Ross when I was pregnant with him. The lamp was from Target a few years ago, again from Tanner's old room. The chair is actually a chair I've had since I was a teenager! It's moved with me time and time again and is now the perfect chair for either one of my boys. The bulletin board is a Goodwill find I covered with fabric and pinned down with nailhead trim {I ran out of trim and need to go grab another pack from Hobby Lobby!} I did this exactly like I did Tanner's in this post.



The shelves were my favorite part to decorate. I found the cool orange mirror at TJ Maxx and knew I had to have it for his room. The coconut monkey is actually a drink holder I got from a vendor while walking on Savannah's River Street. The football piggy bank and striped photo album are from Target.


This is his reading nook. He loves books. This kid will not go to bed without a story {or three}. He enjoys looking at books by himself too. I definitely have no worries about this one when he gets to Kindergarten!


The chair and ottoman were from Marshall's, as well as that small blue bucket. The shelf was a curbside find from my neighbor. The lamp base was from Target, but had a baby blue shade. I actually JUST changed that out because can you believe I found the matching shade to the other lamp at Goodwill the other week for less than $2.00??? It was like it was meant for me to find it. I love crazy finds like that. The "B" monogram was made from a Goodwill frame, some fabric and a wooden "B" from Hobby Lobby. I showed you how I made Tanner's here.


 The lamp was from Target {surprise, surprise}.


The nightstand was another curbside find from my neighbor, not sure why they were getting rid of it! It's a great nightstand.  The "Breckin" market tote was made from an Etsy seller a couple years ago. I used them as their Easter baskets. For now it holds some of his favorite bedtime buddies.


The curtain is definitely Target, but I got it off a selling group on Facebook for moms in my area. The stacked cube shelves I've had since my college days {also from Target}. The brown drawer was from Target and the blue bucket {matches the one in the book nook} and the cube box are from Marshall's. 



And lastly, his toy bin shelf is a folding tier shelf I've had since college too. The baskets are from Marshall's {I have yet to label them - my chalk marker ran out!} They magically fit perfectly across in the shelves when I brought them home.

So overall, what do you think of the space? It will be sad to break most of it down in the coming months as we start putting together the nursery. But my hopes are to plan a great shared room for them and hope they don't kill each other!


Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...