Friday, December 28, 2012

Bulletin Board Revamp

For months now, I've had revamping Tanner's bulletin board on my to-do list. It's been sitting in my garage for quite some time now, leaving a very large, bare spot above his desk. I finally got around to doing it thanks to some time off from work for the Christmas holiday.

Here's how it started out - just your run-of-the-mill plain Jane bulletin board:




I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a yard of fabric and some decorative nailhead trim:




 I laid out the fabric over the board and started putting in the tacks one by one right along the edge of the frame. {Warning: This will hurt your good thumb after a while!}




After I finished that, I turned the board over and using a light-duty fabric stapler, I tightly pulled the fabric and stapled in place.




And here is the final product:







Total cost of this project:

Bulletin Board: Had already {You can purchase a similar one for around $10.00.}
1 Yard of Fabric {Hobby Lobby}: $8.99
5 Boxes of Nailhead Trim/Tacks {Hobby Lobby}: $10.00

$18.99 - Not too bad for a custom decorative bulletin board!

So that's one more thing crossed off my to-do list for Tanner's room. I'm still planning on repainting the walls very soon - I think that will be the next thing I do. I should have a finished room to reveal to you not too long from now!

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...