Saturday, December 22, 2012

What A Slacker!

Wow. Has it really been 18 days since my last post?

Ugh, I knew I had been slack, but geez!

I do apologize...I think I have just been out of it the last few weeks. I find it hard to write about fitness when I'm not being that great about it myself...like I'm a fraud or something. So I suppose that's where the motivation has been lost in keeping up this blog. There of course has been the all time-consuming holiday season hustle and bustle, hectic work schedule and I also had a minor surgery this past Monday that actually put me out a little more than I thought it would as far as working out goes. {You can read about the surgery here.} So needless to say, I've fallen a bit out of the gym routine and my half marathon training. I've got to pick it back up because I now have just under one month until race day. There is another half marathon in March in Columbia, SC that I'm considering instead (it's a much more popular one), but I'd so love to do the January one...I guess I will see how my running goes this next couple weeks to determine if I'm going to be ready for it.

So as I'm feeling sluggish today in writing this post, I've decided I need a kick-start. I'm 5 days post-surgery and I'm ready to start running again {plan on getting in at least 6 miles this afternoon right after I get off work}, but because I have been so bad all-around, I also want to initiate a little challenge for myself. I love perusing Pinterest for great home exercise routines and challenges, so this is the one I'm going to take on this evening {mind you after making Christmas sugar cookies with my boys this afternoon}. If you want to join in with me, I definitely encourage you!



Hope y'all have a wonderful holiday. I hope to be around here during it, but if not, I'll definitely be back at it come 2013! xoxo


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...