Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day Recap

I'm in a haze this morning, y'all...extremely exhausted. But Rascal Flatts and The Band Perry were AWESOME last night! We had such a fun Valentine's Day. It was what we needed because Jake had to fly to Illinois early this morning - his grandfather passed away early yesterday morning. He is attending the funeral and being with family and won't return until late Monday night. Just me and the boys for about four whole days...we're going to miss him.

Yesterday after picking up the boys from school, I surprised them with a little Valentine's Day party of our own:

The beer of course was for Jake. {I figured he'd like that more than flowers.}

Did you catch that sneak peek at our new table? Mentioned changing out the dining situation in this post the other day.

As for the Rascal Flatts concert later that night, I had gone searching that day for the perfect dress to pair with my Minnetonka Moccassins {I already had it set in my mind I was going to wear those to the concert}. And it didn't take me long to find...check out this beautiful teal dress I snagged up at TJ Maxx for $12.99:


It's so light and comfy - will be perfect for summer. I'll admit I was a little chilly at last night's concert, but not so bad that I couldn't stand it. 

 
The boots are available here and the necklace I bought at Bohme when I visited my family in Idaho last August.

We got to meet The Band Perry backstage last night...Kimberly Perry is much shorter than I thought she was, but she is super-cute and they put on a really good show. I found out we are the same age - she turns 30 in July. {Maybe there's still hope then for my country music career? No?} I love both her brothers' {Neil and Reid} hairstyles. We got a picture taken with them, but that will come later as they haven't posted it to their website yet {they wouldn't let anyone take pics with their own cameras}.

Oh and speaking of concerts - I'm definitely dropping hints to Jake that I want to see Carrie Underwood on April 17th in Columbia, SC {my 30th birthday is April 14th}...and just found out that Jason Aldean and Jake Owen are coming to Charleston in May - going to be a great year of concerts! {Maybe I can try to win some more tix on the radio? So far my track record is twice - the concert last night and also saw Tonic in 2009 after winning tickets on 95SX! But don't want to jinx myself.}

Anyway, I hope y'all had a very romantic and sweet Valentine's Day. xoxo.

P.S. I realized in the past year or two I've really become quite the country music fan...never really was growing up. I think that it has to do with the maturity and substance of the songs in the genre...I must be growing up. But I still love a little bit of everything. ♥
Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

2 comments:

Annie said...

Aw your Valentine's party looks awesome! And I love your teal dress with those boots...so cute :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Unknown said...

Thanks girl! Glad you stopped by! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...