Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thirty Before 30: Update

OK, I have less than two months until my Big 3-0 - so I thought it was time for an update. I will be honest and tell you I've lost sight of this list a little bit...so I'm hoping as I go through it that I've actually accomplished more than I think I have. Let's see...



1. Run a Half Marathon {Scheduled for October 21st, 2012 in Myrtle Beach} Common sense came upon me and I realized that training for this during July/August/September in the South when I'm not already a seasoned runner is just plain cray-cray. I've still got the goal and just re-started my training on 10/1 to run the Charleston 1/2 Marathon in January.  Good God, I am sucking at this one. A surgery in December put me out for the 1/2 marathon in January (fell out of training and wasn't ready). Planned to do one in March, but I honestly think I'll be pushing this back to the Fall. My running has definitely improved, so I'm not at a loss personally, but I'm just a little nervous about doing one yet.
2. Start Selling My Art - seriously need to find the time to paint because I really want to do this. I have been seeking inspiration lately and plan to get going with my first collection hopefully in time for Christmas. OK...need to get on this.
3. Take a Stab at Photography {and get a nice DSLR camera} & Start a Portfolio - Plan to purchase DSLR in December...lots o' dollars coming my way soon. Yippee! - I did purchase one in December and I have been practicing! I haven't created an online gallery or portfolio yet.
4. Lose 15 lbs - Um yeah, still working on this. Since first making this list in July, I have lost 10 lbs. So well on the way and working hard in the gym to lose a little more.
5. Take a Long Weekend Getaway - Just Hubby & Me - Not sure this will happen before my 30th. My job loss in January set us back financially by a few weeks.
6. Take Jake & The Boys to Idaho to Visit My Family {Happening 7/21-8/8!}
7. Finish Redecorating the House - Work in progress, but a lot accomplished since this list was first made! We've done the kitchen updates since the last time I updated this list. We have some painting to do, but other than that, I'm done with a lot of the major stuff.
8. Start {and Keep} A Vegetable/Fruit Garden - Spring plans...
9. Take My Sons to Pick Up Litter on the Beach
10. Rediscover My Inner Dancer and Take Classes Again - Have been hitting barre, but need to dance!
11. Find the Courage to Sing in Front of a Group of People
12. Volunteer at My Church
13. Start Training for a Full Marathon {and maybe run one if I'm ready and can find one before my birthday} - I need to get the half done...then start working toward this.
14. Have My Blog Reach 1,000+ Followers {You can help me with this one! Spread the love!}
15. Take A Cooking Class
16. Take a Girls' Weekend Trip
17. Complete a Round of Insanity - Did like 1/4 of a round a few weeks back...started again this week. Started again, then stopped. Think I will restart on Saturday.
18. Complete a Round of Insanity: Asylum Vol. 1 - Will have to finish #17 first. - This probably won't happen since I'm not done with Insanity. But I plan to take this on this year sometime.
19. Get a Family Pet That Tanner Can Learn to Care For We got some fish (8)! And just got a new Siberian Husky {which I have to care for, Tanner helps}
20. Take the Boys to LegoLand - We are going in June (so not before my birthday, but still!)
21. Find the Courage to Let Go of the Clothes in My Closet I Truly Don't Need Anymore - Garage sale last weekend!
22. Give My Husband a Wonderful 35th Birthday
23. Quit Drinking Diet Rockstars/Energy Drinks - I don't want to talk about it. #failingmiserably
24. Take a "Brothers" Picture of Tanner & Breckin At Least Once A Month
25. Get Professional Family Pictures Taken {Preferably Once in the Fall & Again in Spring}
26. Open an IRA or 401K {Don't worry, Hubby does have an account through USCG! I'd just like to help out too.} Just started a new job that offers a 401K and matches a percentage. Will get that in 90 days, so it won't be in time for my 30th, but soon after.
27. Start a Ladies Fitness Group/Boot Camp - Got the Facebook Group for other Lowcountry gals started, but need to do some meeting up!
28. Find a Hairstyle/Color that I Love and Can Maintain
29. Monetize My Blog
30. Find out I'm preggers with #3...? {This is a big maybe, but definitely want it to happen by 30 if it's going to!}

I really need to get more focused on my goals. Life throws me a round so much that I lose track. I guess I haven't done so bad, but definitely could have done better. Will recap you in a couple months when I turn 30!
Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...