Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I Hate Posts Like This {Boston Marathon Tragedy}

When something so horrible happens, that it seems contrite to post here about things that really don't matter, it breaks my heart. This blog is meant to be a light-hearted, happy place full of delight and inspiration, but I would feel simply shameful to go on as normal and not shed a light on what happened in our country yesterday. Just as with the Sandy Hook shooting; it is something that needs to be discussed, felt by all, and prayed about.

I don't know much what to say about what has happened, so I'm writing this as I go along - {forgive any run-on sentences as I tend to think in fragments and long-winded thought patterns}. I suppose I could go on and on about the absolute horror that exists in this world. I'm only just now 30 years old...and having lived through events such as 9/11, Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, the Colorado movie theater shooting, so much more and now this...it is hard to have much faith left in the good in this world. Our media tends to over-highlight the evil and terror that exists...but I know in my heart there is a God, there is real goodness in people and one day justice will be served to those that caused this.

It's almost a different kind of remorse for what I felt when Sandy Hook happened...at the time, all I could think about was those precious, innocent lives that had barely just begun to be lived. Life was stolen from them.The joy that they would have continued to bring to their parents and those around them was just ceased. Now with the Boston Marathon, I think about all of those runners that have worked their whole lives to qualify for this race...how much they have run in their lives to prepare...what they have put their bodies through physically...and how they just LOVED TO RUN. For many of them, running was their escape, their relaxation, their favorite thing in the world to do. For some, it was their first marathon ever - a personal challenge they gave themselves to prove what they are made of. And now, undoubtedly, many of those injured may never run again. Many of them will be asking "why...why did I have to do this race...why did this have to happen?" And then there are those few that WILL NEVER run again...because instead of doing what they planned...running the marathon, or watching a friend or family member, then celebrating...their lives were taken in an instant...out of nowhere. No one saw this coming. All I can hope is that they actually are still running...happily in the Kingdom of Heaven...where no terror exists...where they can no longer suffer...where they run with angels. My heart especially goes out to the father who was running the race, who had a wife, son and daughter waiting for him at the finish line...the son he will never see again...and his wife and daughter critically injured. Words cannot describe the angst and pain he is going through right now.

To everyone affected by this unspeakable tragedy...please don't lose faith in God and the good in this world. In the end, God and good WILL prevail. My prayers and heart go out to all of you as you heal emotionally and physically from the events that took place yesterday.


Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I had the same thoughts, how awful to have trained for months or years and not even be able to finish the race, or worse to never run again. It's just heartbreaking and I don't understand it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...