Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Musings

Welcome to yet another fabulous week! Hope y'all had a nice weekend.

We kept ours low-key...on Friday night we grilled out and roasted some 'mallows around the fire pit. On Saturday, we pretty much just hung out. I had some cleaning to catch up on - so the boys stayed busy rotating between Play-Doh, painting and running around outside. We went out to dinner that night at Los Arcos for a much-needed margarita {and I guess for dinner too}.

Buuuut...I think that's going to be my last drink for a while. No, I'm not an alcoholic or anything, but I do usually have a glass of wine almost every night before bed...and it's starting to affect me in the mornings. As early as I get up on mornings I have to open the gym and then the other days being up before everyone else so I can get things ready to take the boys to school...I just hate the groggy feeling. I used to be a real morning person. Plus, I think it gets in the way of my workout results - OK, I know it does. So I need to take a little break from it, and bring it back in very moderately...no need to have that glass every night.

Speaking of workout results...I am seeing some good results with barre and Spin classes. I feel like they are a perfect complement to each other for sculpting a long and lean body. I've been doing barre twice a week and Spin twice a week. I still do 1-2 strength-training days as well, with some cardio on the elliptical those days. It's definitely making my derriere seem much more toned and lifted {and that's a hard area to tone after two kiddos!} and my legs are definitely starting to look leaner {though not sure if I'll ever be 100% happy with them, ugh!} And for the sake of motivation...I'm going to post this pic again:




In other news, I started trying grapeseed extract on my face this weekend after reading about its benefits on Lauryn's blog.


Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger, health blogger, & diet blogger talks skinny tips and tricks for weight loss.


I couldn't find one that said organic at my grocery store, but I got one that said 100% {that's the same, right?} So far, I'm actually pretty pleased...I use it to remove my makeup at night, then slather on my night cream over it. In the mornings, I wash my face, then using a cotton ball, I apply a light coat of the grapeseed oil. I let that sit a couple minutes to soak in and then I apply my daytime moistuirizer with SPF over it. I've already noticed a smoother, brighter appearance in just a couple of days. But it's great, it is a relatively light oil, so I don't feel greasy, and from reading reviews from people that use it for their skin, it actually keeps pimples away, so I'm hoping I won't experience any breakouts either.

I did also find time this weekend to get a small DIY project done that has been long overdue. It will be on the blog tomorrow, so be sure to check it out!

Anywho - that's all I really have for this Monday. Hope y'all have a great kick-off to the week! xoxo

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...