Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Musings: So, About That Race...

Yeah, you know, that Cooper River Bridge one I mentioned I was going to be doing? Well, I didn't. {GASP!}

I know, I know...I was so torn about the decision not to do it. Here's what happened - remember Hubby's and my plans to repaint the living room and kitchen this weekend? Well, we started working on it Friday, just cutting in and priming everything...and we were up until midnight-ish doing so. So for one, I don't do well on little sleep, and I already get up at 3am three days a week. Hubby then asked me not to do the race so he could get started painting bright and early on Saturday while I took the boys out and entertained them so he could do so in peace. I reluctantly agreed it was the right thing to do. So no big race for me this past weekend, but I am getting back into training mode with running...and finding out which half marathon I want to do, hopefully this fall. And I wholeheartedly plan on doing the Cooper River Bridge Run next year - making no plans to paint any rooms the same weekend!

Anyway, here's what my weekend did look like:


I Instagrammed this pic on Friday night to show what the house looks like when you decide to repaint it.

While Jake worked on it Saturday, I took the boys to the gym {to make up for missing the race, I had to at least workout.} Then we met up with my friend, Suz, and her kids at a play park and spent a few hours there. We ended the playdate with a Mexican lunch at which Suz and I had delicious margaritas. The weather was gorgeous, so we ate outside.

I spent Saturday night helping Hubby to finish the paint job and Sunday I was able to put everything back in place and start hanging pictures back up. I tell y'all, I love how it turned out. I'll be sharing it with you soon. I am so happy and it is soooo much brighter - not like the dungeon it seemed like before.

Anyway, hope y'all had a great weekend! xoxo



Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...