Friday, March 14, 2014

Five Things

Well, first of all...let me apologize for my lack of posts this week. Between work and all the craziness of keeping our house clean around the clock in case of home showings, I've just been too exhausted and uninspired for this blog of mine. Pregnancy doesn't help that cause either.

But there are a few things of note this week and I wanted to stop in, share them with you and let y'all know I'm still here.





{one}

I got my first ever gel manicure this week and let me tell you I'm hooked.


When I used to get my nails done in the past, I always went for the acrylic French tip, but that is a little out of style now, and not to mention, wreaks havoc on your nails. With the gel manicure, there's no filing of your actual nail, so when it comes off, they are not ruined. You also get to keep the length you worked so hard to reach! It lasts around two weeks and looks shiny and perfect, even after tackling house cleaning and lots of typing on the computer. I am convinced this is a saving grace for mommies out there...it wasn't even expensive to do, so I can definitely see myself going in every few weeks! While I was there, I also took advantage of a spa pedicure in the massage chair...felt so nice on my aching pregnant back.

{two}

My Baby Girl Sprinkle is tomorrow! I'm looking forward to celebrating this baby girl with some good friends. I have no idea what I'm going to wear as I swear nothing looks good on me anymore. The weather is supposed to be 70 and no rain...so hopefully I can just swing a comfortable maxi dress. This is the reason I got my nails done this week, by the way!

{three}

We have our first home showing today since putting it on the market last week. Wouldn't it be nice if they made an offer and then we were done with the whole home-showing phase of this? Fingers crossed on that one...though I know it's not likely to get a sale from your first viewer. I'm anxious because I want to know when we will be moving, so I can look ahead and plan...with a baby very close to arriving, it's a little nerve-racking to not know exactly what's going on with our living situation in the coming months. We think we have found the area we'd like to purchase in...we will be able to get much more space than we have now...so just waiting on an offer on ours, so we can make our move on something.

{four}

I hit 31 weeks this week, meaning I am in the single digits for weeks left! I have never gone over my due date, so there's no reason to believe I will this time. In fact, I feel it will be around 38-39 weeks. Tanner was a due date baby, Breckin was six days early, and I'm guessing {hoping} this girl will make her appearance around 8-12 days early. I am now seeing my doc every two weeks and then around 35-36 weeks, it will be once a week. I am sooooo ready to be done. I swear this gets harder every time...more aches, more pains and more weight with each one. Seems to be the case with me anyway! This is definitely our last...I will consider Mission Smith Family: Complete. I've got my work cut out for me post-pregnancy and I certainly want this to be the last time I'll have to fight to reclaim my figure.

{five}

I think I'm out for #5...all I can say is the weather looks to be getting nicer and I can't wait to get back to the beach. We are headed to Folly Beach next weekend for my father-in-law's 60th birthday...no swimsuit for me or anything, but will be nice to play with my boys in the sand! Hello, Spring {finally}!




Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...