Friday, February 20, 2015

Three on Friday

Happy Friday!

I am always glad when it's Friday...a nice couple days off to rejuvenate, catch up on household stuff and spend time with my kids. And this weekend we are supposed to see high 60s/low 70s weather...with maybe a tad of rain here or there, but I'm really hoping we can make it out to the beach. Jake and I will also get a date night on Saturday, as we did not get to do all the Valentine's Day hoopla with his having to work for USCG that weekend.

{one}

The master bedroom is coming along! I received the rug I ordered from RugsUSA and even though my walls are still half blue {the other half is white wainscot}, I couldn't resist rolling it out already. So it's a bit of a color clash in the space right now, but it's a transition in progress. I also got our new bedding. I plan to paint the blue part of our walls gray this weekend. I also got new lamp bases...I had a vision in mind for what I wanted and whaddayaknow, I found them while at Wal-Mart {of all places} this morning!

Better Homes and Gardens Stacked Glass Ball Lamp Base
{via}

The nightstands we have are either going to be replaced, or painted white when I can find the time. I have a lot of things I need to paint white right now, so I just need to carve out a few hours for it and do it already. I also need to decide on a curtain, but I'm waiting until the walls are gray so I can decide which route to go there.

{two}

I am preparing our outdoor spaces for spring weather...I still need to fill some pots with new plants, but I love the areas.


 


My biggest wish for this house was that we had a screened-in back porch, but this is working for now. I've been pulling in my new seat cushions before it rains because I am so tired of replacing them. I also got a new outdoor rug from the RugsUSA Valentine's Day sale.




{three}

I am just absolutely loving my Young Living essential oils. Right now, a few of my favorite uses are:

1 drop Frankincense to 1 tsp carrier oil
Rub on Tanner's, Breckin's and Farrah's spines in the morning to help support their immune system during this yucky season. Especially after Farrah's already gone through the past month!

Vetiver diluted with carrier oil
3 drops in Tanner's hands to rub together, put on the bottom of his big toes and then inhale by cupping his hands over his mouth and nose. We do this nightly. It is supposed to help with behavioral issues and anxiety.

1 drop Peppermint diluted to 1 tsp carrier oil
Rub over my sinuses {avoiding eye area} and temples to rid of headache and provide focus. This worked wonders on me yesterday!

Stress-Away roll-on
I just rub this on my wrists and inhale...I love the scent and it is very relaxing. I do this before and after work mainly...or whenever the kids are driving me batty. :-)

I also just ordered some organic coconut oil that I will be using for my skincare regimen, along with a few drops of Frankincense. I've seen some AMAZING results, especially pertaining to youthful looking skin with the use of Frankincense.

I have joined as a distributor and have put in an order for some more oils already in addition to the ones I have. If you are interested in getting a starter kit of your own, please go here!

That's it for me - have a great weekend!


Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...