Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Tried & True Reviews Tuesday

I love trying new things. And in the last couple years, I've tried a lot of different things for my beauty regimen. However, I don't believe in using something just once and then giving a rave review about it because there is no way you can really tell its effect in that little of time and use.

I'm going to share with you some products that I used up until their last drop or close enough...so you know this is a tried and true review of these products.  

Disclaimer: None of these companies paid me to write a review about their products, nor did they send me them for free. I made my own purchase of the item based on what they claimed to do. In short, I can say whatever I f***ing want about them and it's going to be the truth, and nothing but the truth.

Clarins Double Serum

http://www.styleandgloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/seasons_favourites_3_600x450.jpg

I bought this stuff on whim while at Macy's in NYC in December of 2013. It was a good deal, I think I paid around $85.00 for the larger bottle of it at the time. I was in need of a serum because I hadn't really had one in my regular skin regimen at the time and thought I should. It obviously lasted a long while, meaning a little went a long way. I only just ran out of it in the last month. I didn't use it EVERY day, but I did use it very regularly during that time. I highly recommend this product, especially if you have some skin discoloration or rosacea. I had some melasma on my forehead from my pregnancy with Farrah and it is pretty much gone now. I definitely give the credit to this product. It's pricy, but worth it.
Tip: After your rub it in to your face, use any excess on the back of your hands.

Boots No.7 Protect & Perfect Serum

http://pics2.ds-static.com/prodimg/221584/300.JPG

I really, really wanted to like this stuff. It's gotten amazing reviews. For the most part, I did love how it felt, it was a light non-greasy feel on the skin and I'm certain it did do wonderful things for my skin. However, one thing it did do to my skin was cause it to break out. Not like horrendously or anything, but I started to notice that every time I used this serum, the next day I had a pimple on my chin or near my nose...I just couldn't believe that was coincidental. So I won't tell you to steer clear of this one because for the price at $24.99 it's worth a shot. I won't be purchasing it again, however, due to my skin's reaction. I'm not one who breaks out typically at all, so when I do have a random breakout, it's usually a red flag about something new I'm using.

Dr. Jart+ Pore Medic Pore Minish Primer

http://www.sephora.com/productimages/sku/s1597418-main-hero-300.jpg

I actually got a trial version of this with an order I received from Sephora. But that trial bottle lasted a week at least. I've never been big about putting on primer before foundation, but I am one of those people that really notices her pores and I thought I'd give this a go to see if it made a difference. I REALLY liked it. I felt like my skin appeared smoother than usual and my pores were definitely hidden. A little of this goes a long way, so I'm sure a tube would last a good while. I'm considering buying it now that my trial tube is empty. It didn't leave a greasy feel or cause me to breakout.


http://www.allure.com/images/beauty-products/skin/2012/neutrogena-rapid-wrinkle-repair-night-moisturizer.jpg

I love this stuff. I am on my second bottle of it. It does last a while. Retinol is a must in age-preventative skincare. I definitely see a difference in my fine lines and wrinkles. I don't use this every night, maybe about every other night, as my skin is on the sensitive side. On the nights I don't use it, I just use my regular nighttime moisturizer. I even bought the Day version of this...which is just a glorified sunscreen moisturizer, but definitely has anti-aging benefits as well.

Clarins Toning Lotion

http://www.medipharm.ie/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/0/0005118_original_original_1_1_.jpg

I'm embarrassed to say I've gone years without using a toner after I wash my face. Now I realize the importance of it, in that it restores your skin's pH balance after washing. I got this also as a free sample with my Sephora order and I will definitely be ordering it once my sample runs out {which by the way has lasted a few weeks now!} I have normal/dry skin, especially in the winter, so I feel like this keeps it from getting too dry. No adverse reactions from it either.

That's it for my current empty products for now. I hope to keep you posted on other products as soon as I can give a tried and true review! Do you have any product recommendations?



Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...