Monday, February 2, 2015

Well Hot Damn...

I just up and left you after last Monday, didn't I? I knew my first work week would be a bit overwhelming with the schedule adjustment, but WOW...I did not even touch this blog at all. Let me tell you though, this job is an AMAZING opportunity...I am so happy I bit the bullet and just said yes even though it was so random and unexpected. I had been bummed I didn't land anything permanent in my organization when I left Boeing two years ago, but sometimes when you allow yourself to look back at times that were disappointing and you see all that happened between then and now, you realize that maybe the entire time, God did have His hand in it all, and what I had thought was best for me then, wasn't even close to what He had in store...and His best is ultimately BETTER.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c3/24/c9/c324c98eb232c458c9f2ceb5bafc6c7a.jpg 
I may not have gotten pregnant with Farrah 8 months after leaving Boeing had I never left. I mean, would that right place and time have happened? I was working so much and doing so much overtime. I just don't know. I certainly wouldn't have been blessed with the opportunity to stay home with her for 9 months. And as far as the job I had then and the job I have now...I mean, WOAH, soooooo much bigger of an opportunity to be a part of something really great. Going into a contract position, you don't know what organization you'll be in or who you'll be working for until you show up on day one ready to work. I am supporting an Executive Vice President in the Boeing Research and Technology organization. He manages 1100-ish people. I am working next to genius-level engineers and rocket scientists. We are so much more than just the 787...we support Boeing Defense and Space...and so many way in the future projects. It is awesome. Being where I am, if I can make a permanent position out of it, I am in an amazing role and I am so excited about it. And my boss {the VP} is soooooo nice. Just a pretty laid-back guy that always makes the time to say hi and ask me how I'm doing. For a guy at his level to take that time, it just says a lot about him. But he's already complimented me so much for just "taking the bull by the horns and running with it" and my direct report manager has labeled me a "God-send" when asked by the VP how she thought I was doing. I have only been there a week and feel more appreciated than I ever did in the year and a half I worked there before. However, I am thankful for my past position there because ultimately, it has made going into this position so much easier because I am familiar with the lingo, the processes and the "Boeing way" as they like to call it. I'm not just completely overwhelmed and confused. I sure have liked running into old coworkers and surprising the heck out of them.

http://americanmachinist.com/site-files/americanmachinist.com/files/imagecache/medium_img/uploads/2013/12/boeinglogo-night.jpg

Of course, I miss my babies like crazy. Farrah did pretty well in her first ever week of daycare. I definitely love seeing her face light up at the end of the day when I pick her up. Our time is limited these days, so I'm doing everything I can to make the most of it. I am waking up at 4:30am now to squeeze in my 45-min Body Beast workout, just so I don't have to worry about it at the end of the day because that is my time with my kids. It was a bit of an adjustment getting up so early, but I think my body will be fully adjusted in another week or so. I definitely felt tired by 7:00pm every day, but powered through!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/61/81/40/6181405f69b802142de057b9851e3273.jpg

https://runwright.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/wonder-woman.png

On Friday night, I went to an essential oil class {party} and I got coerced into buying the whole startup kit. I have actually been curious about this sort of homeopathic care, so it will be interesting to see how it goes. Anyone else use essential oils? Got any good testimonials or recipes to try? I am using the Young Living brand, so I guess since I bought the starter kit, I am automatically turned into a distributor. Let me know if you need anything, haha. 

http://cravethegood.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/everyday-oils-bottles.jpeg

Anyway, that's it for the major updates of the week/weekend. I plan to get back organized on this blog soon...hoping to throw some outfit posts your way very soon. Thanks for sticking with me during my adjustment phase. Have a great week!





Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...