Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Tanning, Allergies & Other Randomness

Happy Wednesday!

This week has already been a bit weird. For one, I was able to get off work early on Monday. It was  pretty nice out, not super-hot, but very sunny, so I actually took some “me” time and laid out by the pool for an hour before Tanner got home from school (with SPF of course). I mean, if I’m ever going to get a base tan this year, it has to be when I can actually lay out -  kid-free. I’m hoping to find a few more days in the coming weeks when I can do this.

 

And hey, I’m actually back in a bikini and not feeling terrible about it! I mean, I don’t look like the hottest thing at the pool ever, but I’m certainly gaining some body confidence back and not feeling ashamed. I’ve got some work to do still, but I’m just happy to be in a bikini for this spring and summer.

Later that afternoon, I had a big allergy/sinus attack! It was awful. I swear at one point I did 20 sneezes in a row – I kid you not. One side of my face was just pounding, eye watering and nose running...so ugh. I could barely get to sleep even after taking allergy meds and ibuprofen. I just knew I would not be going to work the next day. I even had to skip my 4am Body Beast workout (for shame!) I just took it as my “rest” day and will make sure my planned rest day is my makeup day.

I’m back at work today and still a little stuffy, but managing. I started feeling a little better late afternoon yesterday, so I played out back with the kids. Farrah always love time in her swing.

 

I was able to clean up our lawn too, and all of the toys that had accumulated out there. I’m trying to figure out what to do out there landscaping-wise. I’m not really a “green thumb” type. I do know we need to lay some grass seed again. I think I need to stick with container gardening…I am so bad with the actual soil here in Charleston, SC…it’s so hard to work with. Any good. hardy plants you Southern gals can recommend? I need something that doesn't need a lot of maintenance and will hopefully come back year after year. These are some inspiration pictures I have for the container garden.

{via}
{via}
It would be so fun to find something old and rustic like that wheelbarrow above to use as a container! I've also seen people use rusty old bikes with baskets on the front as a container for flowers.

Anyway, that's all I've got for you - have a great rest of the week! 



Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...