Monday, April 20, 2015

Monday Musings

We have had quite a bit of rain in Charleston lately and I am soooo ready for that to be done for a while. It's hard to entertain children all weekend indoors. This weekend I was actually getting the gift of a "free" day to just have to myself - go shopping, get stuff done, etc...that is otherwise way hard with kiddos in tow. I went to TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Buckle and I found quite a few nice things! I also managed to squeeze in a 1" trim of my hair {I'm trying to grow it a few more inches, but it was in desperate need of some pruning on the ends.}

Saturday night, Jake and I finally got to go out for my birthday. I had wanted to go bowling instead of doing the same old dinner and a movie blah, so we went to The Alley in downtown Charleston. Unfortunately, their wait for a lane was way too long, so we just parked it at the bar for a while, but we did have a really good time. We stopped at a bar near our house on the way home to cap off the night. It was nice to get out, for sure.


Sunday was a typical, lazy Sunday. I did get some of the usual chores done, we went to church, etc...but mostly we just spent the day indoors {damn rain} playing games and watching movies with the kids. Farrah is so good at crawling now {finally!} so we have to keep quite a close watch on her these days. She's getting so talkative too...and still just sweet as ever.

This was Sunday's outfit...white top is from Buckle and colorful one is from TJ Maxx...they layered so well together! I'll have an outfit post soon with all the deets.


I think it's safe to say my go-to style is officially Boho these days. I've always loved that look, but my closet it almost all that now it seems! I feel like it's timeless though...it'll be stuff I can keep and put away for Farrah some day and she'll probably still think it's all fabulous 16 years from now. I love how it's a bit of my SoCal style...and it's so pretty, yet relaxed.

I have to share this awesome railing my husband made for a client's house {a $5M house on Kiawah Island!}...he texted it to me. If you love the nautical, beachy theme, you'll love this:


He's super-talented, right? I love all the work he has done in our home...I hope one day we can build a house and he can put awesome touches like this in it.

This week I'm getting back in the swing of things with workouts. Last week started out good, but a work function and other things got in the way of my original plans later in the week. I've got Barre class on Monday and Wednesday {by the way, got an email about the instructor auditions and they are still deciding who and how many they want to hire, plus are doing a couple make-up auditions, so that's why I hadn't heard anything all week. Still crossing my fingers!} and I'm definitely going to run a good bit this week...I need some cardio in my life.

Have a great week, y'all! xo





Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...