Monday, July 9, 2012

Almost Time For A Big Boy Room

Let me preface this post by telling you that Breckin is now 23 months old. And if my memory serves me correctly (and it does), we had Tanner out of his crib and into a twin-size bed the same month he turned 2. That doesn't leave me a lot of time to plan Breckin's new toddler/big boy room. Luckily, we already have Tanner's old twin platform bed {lucky boy got upgraded to our queen bedroom set when we figured out a way to fit our nicer bedroom set - which was in the downstairs guest room - into our master bedroom} being kept in storage for Breckin.

So anyway, since Tanner went from twin to queen, I of course had to get him new bedding. I chose a plain navy bedspread from Target that can grow with him and is easily interchangeable should we ever change up the decor. And Breckin will get Tanner's color block quilt I purchased from Target not too long ago that I absolutely LOVE. It's main colors are light and navy blues, brown, green and orange. So I will be moving some of Tanner's decor that matches that set into Breckin's room once the time arrives. And Tanner will get some new decor of course. We'll have to paint Breckin's (currently lime green) walls to go better with the new color scheme. My mind is just brewing with ideas!

Anyway, long story short, I'm feeling very inspired by Pinterest pins that have cute boy's room ideas! Here are some of my favorite boy's room pins (oh, and we also will be keeping our surfer theme going, so you'll see a lot of that here):

Originally Pinned from: www.hgtv.com - Super-cute tiki canopy!
Originally Pinned from: www.georgianadesign.tumblr.com - This reminds me of a beach house
Originally Pinned from: www.sandandsisal.com - LOVE the bulletin board for a desk area and the painted dresser is so cute!
Originally Pinned from: www.potterybarnkids.com - gotta find me some California posters :-)
Originally Pinned from: www.hgtv.com - WANT the Ron Jon pillow (Cali memories...)
LOVE this color scheme. Disclaimer: Could not link back to original site, url not found.
Originally Pinned from: www.houseofturquoise.com - Diggin' the orange shag rug and the built-ins!
I can't wait to get started - big boy bed {and room} here we come!

What have you been pinning lately? Find anything that inspires you to change up something in your home?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...