Friday, July 13, 2012

4th & Weekend

Sounds a little like an intersection, doesn't it?

Anyway, I greatly apologize for taking so long to post this...there were so many pics taken over the holiday and weekend and I finally finished uploading and cropping them to perfection last night.

We managed to sneak away to Myrtle Beach for a quick weekend trip. We left Saturday morning and returned Sunday night. We squeezed in a lot of fun in the sun in that short time. Luckily Myrtle Beach is only an hour and a half drive from Charleston...great when you have young kids and not much time. Jake's parents own a timeshare up there and invited us to come along...the resort had an awesome pool area with loads of slides and water-squirty type contraptions for children as well as a lazy river. The boys had a great time.

Here are {tons of} pics - please excuse my pasty-whiteness...I have not been in the sun long enough to sunbathe yet {darn being a working mom!} I at least got to work a little on it this weekend, but even so, I don't tan easily regardless and I'm a sunscreen Nazi, so I'm still pretty pale in comparison to many. Hopefully hittin' the beach this weekend will remedy that a little bit.

















I didn't get much of us actually watching the fireworks. It was of course dark out, so not a lot of good ones and I was also holding Breckin for most of it, trying to hold his ears when it was loud and keep him from being afraid of the fireworks!










































If you're still with me, thanks for looking at all of my pictures. I know we didn't get as many of Tanner in the pool as we did Breckin, but that's only because Tanner's a natural swimmer who needs little to no supervision in the pool and he was off going on the big waterslide or the lazy river for the most part. We had such a fun weekend. It's nice to get away to some new scenery every now and again. Hope you had a great weekend.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...