Saturday, July 14, 2012

Dirty 30 {Bucket List}

I don't normally post on the weekend, but it's the 14th and I realized I have an entire pregnancy until I turn 30. {Now don't get too excited, I'm not preggers, just putting it into some sort of real time perspective for y'all.}

I have been a little torn about turning {gulp} 30...{not that I have much choice in the matter, but still}. I guess it's a little hard for me to believe my 20s will officially be behind me. I feel like I haven't done enough...like I should have been traveling, living single, making memories with friends...but instead my 20s for the most part were spent being a mother...I became pregnant with my first at the fresh age of 21. I don't regret being a mommy in the least, but it looks like I'll have to wait a little longer to explore the places I want to see in the world. {I guess at least maybe by then I'll have the financial means to do it up right...we do tend to be better off in our 40s...}

But anyway, not to get too far off track. I do have a few things I WOULD like to accomplish before I turn 30...so here goes...


1. Run a Half Marathon {Scheduled for October 21st, 2012 in Myrtle Beach}
2. Start Selling My Art
3. Take a Stab at Photography {and get a nice DSLR camera} & Start a Portfolio
4. Lose 15 lbs
5. Take a Long Weekend Getaway - Just Hubby & Me
6. Take Jake & The Boys to Idaho to Visit My Family {Happening 7/21-8/8!}
7. Finish Redecorating the House
8. Start {and Keep} A Vegetable/Fruit Garden
9. Take My Sons to Pick Up Litter on the Beach
10. Rediscover My Inner Dancer and Take Classes Again
11. Find the Courage to Sing in Front of a Group of People
12. Volunteer at My Church
13. Start Training for a Full Marathon {and maybe run one if I'm ready and can find one before my birthday}
14. Have My Blog Reach 1,000+ Followers {You can help me with this one! Spread the love!}
15. Take A Cooking Class
16. Take a Girls' Weekend Trip
17. Complete a Round of Insanity
18. Complete a Round of Insanity: Asylum Vol. 1
19. Get a Family Pet That Tanner Can Learn to Care For
20. Take the Boys to LegoLand
21. Find the Courage to Let Go of the Clothes in My Closet I Truly Don't Need Anymore
22. Give My Husband a Wonderful 35th Birthday
23. Quit Drinking Diet Rockstars/Energy Drinks
24. Take a "Brothers" Picture of Tanner & Breckin At Least Once A Month
25. Get Professional Family Pictures Taken {Preferably Once in the Fall & Again in Spring}
26. Open an IRA {Don't worry, Hubby does have an account through USCG! I'd just like to help out too.}
27. Start a Ladies Fitness Group/Boot Camp
28. Find a Hairstyle/Color that I Love and Can Maintain
29. Monetize My Blog
30. Find out I'm preggers with #3...? {This is a big maybe, but definitely want it to happen by 30 if it's going to!}

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Additionally, Glamour posted the following list in an article titled "30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Should Know by the Time She's 30."
Here's the full list - and I will highlight what I've accomplished so far:

By 30, you should have ...
1. One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
4. A purse, a suitcase, and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
5. A youth you’re content to move beyond.
6. A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age -- and some money set aside to help fund it.
8. An email address, a voice mailbox, and a bank account -- all of which nobody has access to but you.
9. A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.
10. One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry.
11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
13. The belief that you deserve it.
14. A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine, and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
15. A solid start on a satisfying career, a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that do get better.

By 30, you should know ...
1. How to fall in love without losing yourself.
2. How you feel about having kids.
3. How to quit a job, break up with a man, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship.
4. When to try harder and when to walk away.
5. How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
6. The names of the secretary of state, your great-grandmothers, and the best tailor in town.
7. How to live alone, even if you don’t like to.
8. Where to go -- be it your best friend’s kitchen table or a yoga mat -- when your soul needs soothing.
9. That you can’t change the length of your legs, the width of your hips, or the nature of your parents.
10. That your childhood may not have been perfect, but it’s over.
11. What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
12. That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs, or not flossing for very long.
13. Who you can trust, who you can’t, and why you shouldn’t take it personally.
14. Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
15. Why they say life begins at 30 - {I guess I'll find out soon enough!}

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a "30 before 30" bucket list! Maybe I'll make a 40 before 40 list! Visiting from SITS

*LaUrA* said...

I loved this post...I have been struggling with it too...for the same reasons. I feel like I should have accomplished so much more by now...but I need to just say OH WELL because I can't go back. BUT I can make the coming years awesome (not the past haven't been but we like to better what has been good right?)I need to make my bucket list too...and I have WAY less time than you! I only have 5 full months so I better make them count!

Good Luck on crossing off your bucket list items! I look forward to hearing how some of them went for you!

Unknown said...

@Laura - Thanks girl! I can't believe we are almost 30...it sounds scary to say! Make a short, doable bucket list - I'd love to see what you put on it! Enjoy the last few months of your 20s! I think I may have given myself quite the laundry list for only 9 months time, but I'm going to try with all my might! xoxo

Unknown said...

@Rebecca - Thanks for stopping by! You should make a 40 list! xoxo

c @ annuary chit said...

Great list! I started yearly bucket lists at 29 and getting ready for my 31@31 list. I have yet to accomplish everything on each list but I'm a work in progress ;)

Have a great weekend and can't wait to read how you do on your list.

Kim @ Coffee Pot Chronicles said...

Hello from SITS!

Surprisingly turning 30 really isn't all that bad. I turned the big 3-0 in November 2010 and it wasn't a big deal. It just came and went. Course, I had gotten married 18 days earlier so that probably had something to do with it too.

I'll be 32 this year and while I sometimes stare at that number and think, "What the **** happened?" I'm actually enjoying my 30s more than my 20s. Still haven't traveled much, completed my college degree, or achieved many successes but I am; for the most part, okay with where I am at even though I feel way behind some days.

Bethany [at] Powell Brower Home said...

oh my god could this be any better?!?! i love the part about the black lace bra and screw drivers. and also that i need a skin care routine... cuz i dont have one yet :( and im past due

Kelseylovescosmetics said...

Im loving this post such a cute idea :)
I'm following you, will you follow back?
xoxo Kelsey

http://kelseylovescosmetics.blogspot.com/

Aida said...

Hi!
I found your blog by chance, while peeking others and I decided to check it out! I’m glad I did it, because I find it quite interesting. I’m your new follower and I’d be very pleased if you like my blog enough to follow it as well!
I wish you lots of success
kisses
http://cottoncandy-peaches@blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...