Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday Musings

This weekend was so busy...but we accomplished a lot. We got the nursery painted, the new strollers put together and the crib set up. I can't wait to reveal the nursery on here soon...I've put together the guest bedding {the bed I will sleep on in the nursery the first couple months} and crib bedding, but there are some paintings, DIY stuff and organizing to do in there before the final reveal.

I also did as promised and made it to the gym Saturday to rejoin. Check out my post on The Gym Bunny today to see my weekly workout plan. I plan to stick to it for the rest of the pregnancy {God willing}. It is also great for non-pregos! The plan is to go in the AM before work as I was in the first couple months of pregnancy. I'll have to get up a tad earlier, but I'm OK with that. I think it will make me feel better overall. Some things that help me stay on track are having my workout outfit set out and my gym bag packed and ready to go with my work clothes - all done the night before. The less I have to scramble around in the morning, the better.

Additionally, not that it's been terrible, but it has been slack, I plan to clean up the ol' diet. I'm not trying to lose weight {obviously}, but I do need to start saying "no" to some of the bad-for-me cravings I've been getting. Lord knows this baby loves a cheeseburger. BUT, I've definitely had my fill, and now that the holidays are over, it's time to get back to healthy meal plan. I'll be making berry protein smoothies for breakfast, packing my go-to healthy snacks for work, spinach salads for lunch, and keeping to a menu plan for dinners. The key for me is to stick to foods that are beneficial to baby and give calories from the right sources. I made a trip to the grocery store yesterday to make sure I had everything I needed this week and here is a look at the menu plan:

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
So any of you out there with New Year's resolutions - how are you planning to stay on track? Any tips?


Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...