Friday, June 13, 2014

Five on Friday

It has been A WHILE since I've participated in 5 on Friday with A. Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, Hello! Happiness and The Good Life Blog. It's been a whirlwind few weeks around here with the birth of Farrah Madison and then our very unfortunate {or fortunate, depending on how you look at it} car accident last week. I know I haven't been posting as much, but I will be back in the swing of it soon...we are beginning to get on a schedule of sorts finally...so it may become easier to work in blog time.

Anyway, with all of that said, I did have a pretty great week this week and I think I'll get on with my Five on Friday!

{one}

I took two bridge strolls this week with three other recently postpartum mommies. We found each other in a mommy group on Facebook and decided to meet up! I haven't walked the Cooper River Bridge since earlier on in my pregnancy, so it was nice to be back. It is also quite the workout pushing Breckin and Farrah in my Sit n' Stand stroller up the incline! {I have a large double jogger, but felt it would be a little too wide for the bridge with everyone having to go around me.} Good news is, I'm pretty certain my butt and thighs will get back in shape in no time if I keep up this routine! We are going Tuesday and Thursday mornings and I love having other moms to stroll with. All in all, we do about 3.5 miles each time we go.



{two}

Last night my friend, Suz, and I went to see Florida Georgia Line and Nelly in concert. It. Was. Awesome. We were pretty close to the stage...I love FGL soooooo much. It was my first big night out postpartum and it was a good one. Tyler Hubbard is definitely on my hall pass list.




{three}

I'm five weeks postpartum today and I definitely feel a lot better. Can't quite get the old jeans on yet, but I know with some hard work and determination, I'll get there soon enough. I am starting T25 on Monday. So with that in addition to the bridge strolls and neighborhood walks, I should start seeing some results soon! Ready to feel like myself again!


After T25, I will begin Insanity again. It worked after Breckin! Here is a little timeline of my progress. I didn't take pictures week 3 and 4...so here are 1, 2 and 5 {today}.



{four}

We're finally going to brave a family beach day this Sunday {Father's Day}. I've taken them out to the Windjammer on Isle of Palms already just for a couple of hours while Jake plays beach volleyball, but we haven't had an official tote-everything-we-own-and-set-up-camp-in-the-sand full on beach day. I told Jake I wouldn't be able to do it alone with the boys and the baby...so I need him to not be playing volleyball and just hang with us. Can't wait because I really miss having fun in the sand and waves with the kids. Here is a throwback to one of our first family beach outings when Breckin was a baby:



{five}

And of course, I can't get away without posting an update on little miss Farrah Madison. She is eating well and sleeping better...we are going anywhere from 3-5 hrs between feedings at night. She is such a mellow baby {unless she's hungry!} I can't wait for her to start smiling and cooing on her own...I swear sometimes when she looks at me and gives a little smile that it's a real one and not the gas-induced kind...I can just see it in her eyes. I love the way your babies look at you...like you are their whole world. It's heart-melting.






Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...