Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Favorites {Happy Birthday, Breckin!}



Happy Friday! This has been a great week. I feel like it's gone by fast because we've been so busy, but busy is good {for the most part}. Here are my Five Favorites for Friday:

{one}

Breckin had Vacation Bible School every day this week from 9am-11am {except today} at our church. It was just for 4-5 year olds {I got him in even though he was technically still 3}, so Tanner, Farrah and I were able to hang out for a couple of hours. I felt it was good for Tanner and I to have some one-on-one time {even though of course Farrah was there, but you know what I mean}; it's hard to come by these days. I also really enjoyed Breckin telling me what he learned about God each day.

{two}

On the first day of VBS, we went over to Ross at the shopping center next to our church while we waited for Breckin to be done. I found SO many great clothes {of course for so cheap!} They had a lot of Aztec prints and Boho chic-type items, which I love. And the next day, out of curiosity, I put on one of the new tops and also shimmied into a pair of pre-prego jeans! One of my more forgiving pairs, but hey, progress is progress! I couldn't even get them more than halfway up my thighs right after I had Farrah in May. I know the weight will start shedding a lot faster once Tanner is back in school and I'm able to be on a regular gym schedule {one more week!}



{three}

I picked up this book at our church bookstore on one of the days we were waiting for Breckin. So far it's really great. I recommend it to all y'all that have boys! I love the picture on the front because my boys are always playing super heroes and wearing their capes.


{four}

And not to brag, I got to enjoy some poolside reading with that book, even though I had all three kids with me on my own. Am I a pro? Maybe. Nah, seriously, sometimes my kids' large age difference works out to my benefit. Both Tanner and Breckin can be in the pool without me; and I had perfectly timed it with Farrah's nap. She was laying peacefully in her stroller {with a fan of course} and I was able to relax {for once!}


That's Tanner right in front of me.

{five}

And last, but certainly not least, the most important of all my five things actually...

It's Breckin's 4th birthday today! I cannot believe how fast the years have flown by. He is seriously the most wonderful 4-year old boy on the planet {I know I'm biased, but seriously, every daycare/childcare, even the ladies at VBS this week, just go out of their way to rave about him to me and how they think he is just the funniest, sweetest, smartest little guy for his age.} I am so lucky to be his mom...I know he is going to make a wonderful adult someday that people just love being around. He's that type of guy. We are celebrating with family and friends next weekend, but will do our family party and presents for him tonight. Tomorrow I'm taking the kids to Daniel Island for the Homegrown Family Day {Darius Rucker of Hootie and the Blowish puts it on every year}. It's perfect for his birthday weekend because there will be jump houses and all sorts of fun activities. If you're in Charleston, take the kids!


And to end this post, I of course have to do a montage of pictures of Breckin from the last 4 years...I'll try to be brief - haha.






 



Linking up with:


http://meetatthebarre.blogspot.com/



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...