Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Master Closet Renovation

I have been waiting for what feels like forever to write this post. About 3 weeks ago, my side of the closet came crashing down off the wall. It was just one of those standard white wire shelves - clearly not enough to properly store my wardrobe!

 Jake and I decided we may as well go ahead and redo the closet. We had planned to do something with it eventually, but fate wanted us to get on it a little sooner {not that I minded at all!} It also worked out perfectly because since I'm still carrying prego weight {yay}, I really wasn't wearing the majority of my clothing, so we were able to just lay it all out on the guest bed in Farrah's room for the time being. Our room also became a closet storage area.



Awful, right? With the exception of the stuff on the bed, it looked like this for a couple weeks. Imagine my OCD self screaming on the inside.

When we took out the two wire shelves {yes, it only came with two!} we had this space to work with.


It really was decent-sized space...it just had not been used to it's full potential. We literally drew our plans out on the wall and he went to his workshop and made all of the cabinet pieces.



Yeah, lucky me got to help him maneuver those babies up our narrow stairway. That was a fun evening.

This project wouldn't have taken nearly as long if my perfectionist carpenter of a husband hadn't decided he was also going to tear out the carpet and put wood flooring down and do a plank ceiling. Don't get me wrong, I love it and it looks amazing, but he sure did give himself a lot of extra work and time on the project.

Fast forward a week or so and we had this:






I sure do have one talented husband. I am so grateful for his hard work and his talent. There are still a couple things he needs to do - install a new light fixture and put the glass doors on the cabinet to the right of the bench for my jewelry display - but I didn't have to wait for those things to move our stuff back in, so I got to put my talent to work - organizing!






 
That mirror is just there for now until we install one...but I love that I sort of have a dressing room now! I'm so in love with this closet, it makes me so happy to walk into it. Hope you like it too!
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...