Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thoughts on Thursday

Yesterday, I took Tanner to meet his 3rd grade teacher. It is really hitting me lately that my boy is growing so fast and that I probably only have a couple more years before his attitude completely takes over and he ignores me until he goes to college. He's already getting somewhat of a teenage-esque {like that word? Totally made up.} defiant attitude, but he also still really loves to give hugs and goodnight kisses. Why do these days have to disappear?

I wore this outfit to the school yesterday:

Top - Jessica Simpson {Similar} / Jeans - Mudd / Shoes - Coach
This was a top I bought when I was in NYC last December. Of course I was 18-19 weeks pregnant on that trip and though I was able to try it on at the time to see how it generally fit my frame, I knew I wouldn't be sporting it until post-pregnancy. And thanks to clean eating and hard work, it now finally fits with a little less love handles to hug. I learned even though it's very light thread fabric, it is still a little too hot for August in Charleston. It will be perfect for fall. It is probably my favorite clothing item purchased on that trip because the colors and style of the top are so unique. That bottom fabric is a sheer rayon I believe and it dips down a little lower in the back, sort of like a high-low skirt does.

Farrah is getting chunkier by the day...I just love chunky baby thighs! I can't believe she's already over 3 months old. I found this top at Target for her on clearance for like $4.00. It was so cute and it's a nice fabric. It's actually size 18mo and supposed to be a top, but it fits her perfectly as a dress right now too. Looks like I'll get more than my money's worth of use out of it!


She is just such a little sweetheart...she loves her brothers...Tanner is always making her smile:


She is really starting to show a sense of humor and personality. I can't help but take selfies with her. {Hey, I need pics with my daughter and no one else is around to take them!}


I'm so ready for school to be back in session...not looking forward to hectic-wake-up-at-5am mornings, but it is definitely going to be nice to get everyone functioning on a schedule {that schedule to include carved out gym time every morning!} I've got to get a chore chart created for the boys ASAP...I definitely need to start taking advantage of child labor...{haha, totally kidding...sorta.} They want allowances now and I'm tired of them always thinking they can spend my money like it's no big deal...they need to learn the value of a dollar like I did! Breckin and I will also be starting some pre-school lessons during the day, just to keep him on course for being ready for Kindergarten. I've got a big workbook and some new flash cards to use.

Anyway, that's about it for my Thoughts on Thursday today. Linking up with:

Thoughts for Thursday

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...