Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday Musings: Barre, Hot Yoga & Coloring Books {aka Random Sh**}

What a nice morning...my husband decided to go to the gym before work, which meant he got to take Tanner to school this morning instead of me. Now I can take my time at home with Breckin and Farrah, and then we are heading to the gym around 9:30 so I can get some cardio in and then go to a 10:30 barre class. It is my first barre class since having Farrah! I am excited, but hoping I'm not in a world of hurt afterward. However, no pain, no gain, right?


{via}

I plan to get back to doing a barre class at least twice a week. I have a friend that teaches on Saturday mornings at my gym, so I'm definitely making her class a regular thing starting this week.

Speaking of getting back into certain workouts, I bought a Groupon a few months back for 10 hot yoga classes at Bikram Charleston. {GREAT deal because it works out to $3.50 per class! It's usually $15 per class.}


http://www.neon-blog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/HotBikramYoga.jpg
{via}

It has been almost two years since I've taken a hot yoga class. I plan to use my 10 classes going on Sundays over the next ten weeks. It will be a nice stretch session after a week of workouts. I really want to get my flexibility back...believe it or not, there was a time when I could do this with ease:



I think between barre and hot yoga, I can accomplish this again. I can always get close with LOTS of stretching, but it used to be something I could just pop into without a lot of effort. It definitely takes a lot of effort now.

Total change of subject, but I just ordered these personalized coloring and activity books for the kids from Frecklebox. I think I'm going to save them for Christmas gifts. I heard about the site while watching GMA...you should check it out because they have tons of cute stuff.

Excuse my dog hair-ridden rug. Ugh.

Anyway, this weekend was pretty low key. My husband attended an all-day bachelor party thing on Saturday, so it was just the kids and me. On Sunday, we finally tackled cleaning the garage. I attempted to go for a run with the double jogging stroller on Sunday morning, but found out the front tires are loose because a couple nuts and washers came out...so I'm heading to Ace Hardware after the gym to see if I can find something to fix it until I can get the correct parts from Baby Trend. Nothing worse than getting all ready and into a workout only to have your efforts squashed by something like that! I was bummed.

I did make it to the grocery store to load up for another week of healthy eating. I made this for lunch yesterday {with plenty of leftovers} - see my recipe here.


Hope y'all had a great weekend and have an even better week!



Mingle 240
still being molly

Weekending

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...