Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Musings

I cannot believe school is back in session in just two weeks. TWO WEEKS. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited because this summer I've been very hard-pressed to find a lot of activities to keep my oldest occupied with, considering I had a baby in May. A lot of this summer has been spent adjusting to a new routine and a new person in our family...and we really did not get to the beach and pool as often as we normally do...since it's not good to have an infant out in the heat too long...and just watching all three by myself in public is quite a task. I did it quite a few times, but it wasn't easy. That being said, I've got a little bit of cabin fever and I think both Tanner and I are ready for him to go back to school to have things to do and be with friends. Breckin will still be home with me, but Farrah's schedule is a bit more predictable now, so I'll be able to plan activities for him, as well as do some Pre-K lessons with him each day.

Speaking of schedules, once school is back in, I have to be up around 5am each day to get the baby fed and ready, as well as the boys and then I have to drive Tanner to school. I know earlier this summer I was up at 5am a lot after Farrah would eat her early morning bottle, but the last couple of weeks, she's been sleeping from 10pm to 7:30am most nights {not that I'm complaining!}, so I've been sleeping in. I am going to give my body a couple of weeks to get used to it, so that means I woke up at 5am today, people...but it's pretty nice...once I get over the tired fog and actually get up, I am able to shower and get myself ready uninterrupted as well as get ahead on some of the household chores while everyone is still asleep. I can also fit in a quick workout, whether it's an Insanity DVD or a run in the neighborhood. It really makes my whole day go a lot more smoothly...so I don't mind the early rise too much.

Also, now that Farrah is 12 weeks, she is able to go to the gym daycare. Once Tanner goes back to school, I will be able to go every morning after I drop him off, since Breckin and Farrah can go in the childcare while I get a workout in. The gym is right across the street from his school, so it's perfect and leaves me virtually no excuse to miss it. Now I can finally get to serious work on losing the last of this baby weight because I am OVER it. I've been working hard this summer, but something about having a regular gym schedule and my planned workout routine just helps me see a lot more progress.

I'm ahead of the game this year - I've already got all of Tanner's school supplies and uniform clothes and his backpack came in from Lands End last week.

They were having a good sale, so I went ahead and ordered the medium size one for Breckin since he will be going to Kindergarten next year. One less thing I'll have to buy when the time comes. They both liked this pattern. 

Jake and I managed to get out on Friday night for a date night. His parents had bought us Outback Steakhouse gift certificates when we had Farrah, so his mom offered to come over and watch the kids so we could use them. Jake of course got a steak, and I tried to keep it {mostly} healthy and got a the Wood-Grilled California Chicken Sandwich. Instead of the fries, I opted for the steamed veggies. Jake did too.

California Chicken Sandwich

Speaking of veggies, I am still doing well with having most of our meals prepped. I got another round of chicken, sweet potatoes and veggies cooked and divided up this weekend to last us the next few days. I've definitely been continuing to see the scale move in the downward direction.

That brings me to my next topic...Jake has been spending many hours working on our custom closet ever since the shelving holding mine {original to the house} buckled under the pressure and hit the floor. {And I can't wait to show you it because he went above and beyond and it's going to look awesome...but it's just taking a little longer than I hoped!} So our clothes, shoes and what-have-you that we store in our closet are all over our room and Farrah's room. I think the only reason it hasn't bothered me so bad is that I really haven't been wearing a lot of my pre-baby stuff, mostly just the more flowy and forgiving things...so I guess if my closet was going to bite the dust, this was the best time for it to do so. I am starting to go through things to give to Goodwill {might as well do it before putting everything back in} and of course I'm also finding some things I bought while I was pregnant, or just after I had Farrah, that I had been hoping to post on this blog soon. I definitely have wanted to do more outfit posts, and the pregnancy sort of got in the way of that {I know many cute/tiny bloggers do pregnancy outfit posts throughout their pregnancies, but I am just not a "skinny" pregnant person, regardless of my pre-baby fitness level, so I did the best I could}. I wanted to let y'all know I do plan to do more outfit posts...because I feel that is the direction I want this blog to go...while it is about life's tidbits, it was also started to share my love of fashion and style...and I don't feel I've done as much of the latter as I'd like. But of course, I feel sort of stuck because I'm still carrying baby weight and feel too chunky to be "modeling" so to speak, or things just don't fit quite right or are flattering yet. {Especially with all these adorable and tiny fashion bloggers in the blogosphere!} Maybe it's in my head, but I guess I'm just being honest when I say I'm not all that confident with my body yet and it's definitely "in process". I am hoping to have more outfit posts in the coming months...as I begin to regain my former size and continually work to improve thereafter. So thank you for bearing with me during this phase of my life and hopefully you'll still find the content that is here to be interesting enough to keep on reading. 

Oh, and in spirit of my husband doing a major redo of our closet, and the many other projects he has taken on for me in recent years, I made up this little saying...thought it was cute, and oh so true. Pin it if you agree! xo

Have a great week!

Mingle 240
still being molly

Weekending


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...