Monday, December 8, 2014

Monday Musings

Apologize for the later post today, but here goes...

I think my favorite weekend all month has already happened. This weekend was so fun...full of lots of good people and holiday festivities.

We kicked off the weekend by going to my friend Suz's house Friday evening for dinner and a play date. The kids had fun as usual..we even took them out to the marsh areas behind her house with flashlights and explored. It was also a full moon and the weather was beautiful.

Saturday night I had my annual ladies' Christmas gift exchange. It ended up being a wonderful time for all...we threw in some karaoke and dancing as well. I didn't end up getting to bed until almost 3am! I felt it the next day but was up at 7:30am for Farrah anyway. No more 3am nights for a while...


That Christmas Cheer up there was the culprit for many of the evening's antics.



Such a great time, I look forward to it every year.

On Sunday evening, we took the kids to see the Holiday Festival of Lights and Santa. We roasted marshmallows and drank hot chocolate. It was a great time...Farrah loved all of the lights!






I woke up today with some determination and got my first day of Body Beast done after I took Tanner to the school bus. It works out perfectly with just enough time to get it done before the other two wake up. I was also able to get to a barre class in the late morning. I think I'm really going to enjoy this program.


I plan on keeping track of my progress over the next 90 days on my fitness blog, The Gym Bunny. I hope you'll consider following along! I am also going to incorporate a series on the blog I am calling Tabata Tuesdays. If you've never heard of Tabata, it's basically a small series of HIIT intervals with exercises of your choosing. Typically, you choose 4 exercises {i.e. burpees, jump squats, etc.} - do one for 20 seconds at your max, rest 10 seconds, then move onto the next one and repeat through so each one is done twice, totaling a 4-min circuit. Then, optionally, you can repeat that entire circuit 5x to total a 20 min exercise. It's actually quite beneficial for fat loss as it raises your heart rate for a burst and then a short rest and raises again.

But anyway, I know it's late, so I'd better go ahead and publish this post!






  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...