Monday, May 18, 2015

Weekending

I had a great weekend - hope you did too. I spent a lot of it in the glorious sunshine.

I started off Saturday joining our community yard sale and finally resolved to get that rapidly accumulating pile of "to sell" stuff out of my garage. It had really taken over and I was just done with it. I didn't do too bad money-wise, but was still leftover with a lot of stuff. But no way in Hell was that stuff getting back in my garage...to Goodwill it went. I was sad to see so many of Farrah's super-cute and nice clothes go away for free, but to be honest, I know I will hardly think about it a few days from now and having my garage be clear just feels so good. I was out there from 7am - 12pm and definitely got a bit of color on my shoulders and face {though I did wear some SPF!}

On Sunday, we went to the beach. If you're like me, your skin might not tan so easy. I usually wear SPF 30 despite that, but for some reason, my legs are the last to get color. So I thought I would just slather SPF the rest of me and then give my legs a good 30 minutes without and then put it on later. Well, I FORGOT to put it on after that. My legs are the reddest they have ever been in my whole life! I couldn't believe it because I'd gone out many times in my younger years trying to get tan and my legs would never burn like that. Needless to say, I'm in pain and I've been lotioning and aloe-ing around the clock. I'm hoping it at least fades to a tan because otherwise it just wasn't worth it! We did have a fun day...Farrah ate her fair share of sand, the boys ran around with some of their friends and it was all around a lovely time.


Having a baby beach tent was a lifesaver. I never had one for the boys and I'm really wondering why the heck not! Farrah didn't end up napping as I'd hoped, but she was able to sit in there and eat and play without getting too much sun. I definitely recommend a tent like this if you like to be outdoors a lot - would work great in grass too just for a nice outing at the park.


Sunday evening, Jake's parents took the boys to a kid's concert at their church, so we had a couple of hours to go get a nice meal. We went to a place called Sol because I love their outdoor patio...and their Jalapeno Cucumber Margaritas.



Farrah has been doing so well with her transition to milk this week. I was worried she would put up a fight, but she is taking it like a champ. I miss feeding her baby bottles though...it was a nice little first of the morning and end of the day time we had together. She is also doing well with more table food rather than jar food.

I am looking forward to getting through this week because I have a full weekend ahead for Memorial Day weekend. Papa and Jake are taking the boys fishing all weekend, so it will just be Farrah and me. I love my boys, but man, any chance for some good peace and quiet and my house to get clean without the constant tornado they provide - I'll take it! I have my neighborhood wine night on Friday night and then I am hosting an Essential Oils 101 class at my house on Saturday night. Looking forward to more time in the sun as well {pending the redness going away on my legs and A LOT of SPF!}

Have a great week! xo

Linking Up With: Life Of Meg // Still Being Molly // Lipgloss & Crayons // B Loved Boston

Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...