Thursday, March 14, 2013

Easy Protein Banana Pancakes

This weekend I tried my hand at my own recipe for some protein banana pancakes. They were actually super-easy to make, only a very few ingredients and the kids gobbled them up too!


Here's what you'll need:

2 eggs
1-1/2 scoops vanilla whey protein
1 banana
1/4 cup water (or less for desired thickness)

Heat skillet at med to med-high setting. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and wisk until smooth. Bananas may leave some lumps, but that's OK. Spray skillet with cooking pray {I always use olive oil cooking spray...repeat this between each pancake}. Pour 1/4 batter per pancake (this recipe yields 4 pancakes; adjust as needed). Let cook until bubbly and then flip.

Serve with a drizzle of sugar-free syrup.

Each pancake is approximately 90 calories and packed with approximately 12g protein - not too shabby!

These are actually great to make a batch ahead of time and refrigerate them in single-serve baggies so you can grab-and-go as needed throughout the week. 
Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

*View the parties I link up to here.

*Note - original graphics-free image was from this similar recipe.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

These look great! And they'll give me a reason to listen to Jack Johnson while I'm making them! ;) (Banana Pancakes) Thanks for visiting my blog!

Unknown said...

Hi! Found you on Julia Kendrick.com blog hop. This is a great idea. I am always looking for ways to add more protein. Gonna give this a try. Now following via GFC : )

Jackie
www.thenonmarthamomma.com

Brooke said...

Oh yummy, I want to try these!! xo

Brooke
www.decorgreat.blogspot.com

meandmr.com said...

Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

-Melanie @meandmr.com

Unknown said...

Thank you, all of you! Heading to check out your blogs now! xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...