Monday, March 4, 2013

Monday Musings

If y'all read my post on Friday, you know that this weekend was pretty difficult for me. We ended up taking Tundra to the vet to be put to sleep. After speaking with the vet, we were just told that of the few options we had, the chances were still not very good and with her already suffering just to breathe every day, we knew it was the right thing to do. To our surprise, the veterinarian and a vet tech of hers offered to take Tundra and try some things, but that involved us relinquishing our ownership of her to them. She said her chances would be like 20%, but they really wanted to try. So we figured at least this way it gave her any possible chance she had. So we did not have to put her to sleep. The vet is going to make her comfortable while trying everything they can, and if in the end it doesn't work, or they can't do these things while keeping her comfortable, then they will humanely put her to sleep. It's been seemed like things just went from bad to worse so fast with her...and it was so awful to know I did everything I could for her from the day I adopted her 5 months ago, yet it wasn't enough for her. On Friday I just balled and hugged her. This is one last shot I got of us's eery looking at her, it's almost as if she knew.

We went to Charlotte that evening to visit Jake's brother's family and to meet our new niece, Peyton. I guess that helped keep my mind off things...but coming back to a dog-less house was hard. I walk around and expect her to be right at my feet. I miss her so much, but feel comfort that she is still on this Earth right now, and that every avenue to save her is truly being tried.

We're talking about getting another dog soon...and I actually found a Siberian Husky on Craigslist, but hubby is hesitant. We will see...I have a soft spot for huskies and they are hard to come by, so I almost thought it was meant to be that one was posted the same day. And we have all this dog stuff and no dog...and Breckin loved having a dog.

Speaking of Breckin, this guy got a big boy haircut. I went a bit shorter than last time:

And before hitting the road to go home yesterday, I made hubby take me to IKEA. I got a few fun things to get some projects completed with around here and can't wait to show you. I definitely plan on making time to go there every time we go to Charlotte to see Jake's family.

Anyway, I'm ready to take on this week, move on from the sadness of losing my pup, and just try to stay positive. Starting bright and early with a shift at the gym at 4:30 this AM and then a barre class afterward.

Have a great week!

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...