Friday, March 22, 2013

Kid's Art Keepsake Albums

I'm an artist. My brothers are artists. My dad is an artist. So it comes as no surprise that my son, Tanner, is quite the artist himself. {Breckin is still a little young to determine his aptitude for it.}

What comes with being an artist are supplies...lots of them. I've found a way to corral most of that {psst - see yesterday's post!} but today is about what comes from those supplies - the artwork. The piles and piles...and piles...of artwork.

Don't get me wrong, I LOOOOOOVE that my son is creative, loves to express himself through art...and has a bit of his mommy's side in him. It's something we can do together and both really enjoy. I love teaching him techniques and encouraging him to think outside the box. But alas, at the end of the day, I just realistically don't have the space to keep all of his original works.

I keep the "keepers" in his storage box that I created last year to have a place to put all the special works he does here and at school, but that will fill fast, and ideally, I'd like for it to cover all his years through high school graduation {if that's not possible, maybe two boxes at most}. I also like to hang my absolute favorites in frames and display them in our play room/home office.

Well, I've found the solution.

artwork keepsake albums



The image above is via an online print gallery for artwork albums called Plum Print.


I am in love with this idea. I think it would be great to create one for each age or school year. You can even personalize the binding so that it's easy to see from the bookshelf when you're grabbing to reminisce.

Slider 1 

How great would this be? Your kids would love to pull them out when family or guests come over so they can proudly parade their artwork without a pile of papers to sort through. You could even make them as gifts for the grandparents.

These ones at Plum Print are a tad on the pricey end, starting at $85 for 30 pieces of artwork in a 10"x8" book, but the quality is great and they do offer a 40% discount on duplicates of books you've already printed.

Another alternative for this project would be Shutterfly. A bit less expensive, and they often offer discounts on their photo books. They offer many sizes and cover options to fit within your budget.

Soft Cover Photo Books

So what are you waiting for? Corral that pile of keepsake artwork together and create a book you can enjoy for years to come!



Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

1 comment:

Sourdoughnative said...

What a great idea. Hi! I nominated you for a Liebester award :) Check it out...sourdoughnative.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...