Tuesday, July 22, 2014

F is for Farrah - A Monogram for the Nursery

A good while back, I posted about some monogram pictures I made for the boys' rooms {they now share a room} out of Goodwill frames, fabric and plywood letters from Hobby Lobby. I knew I wanted a monogram for Farrah's nursery and I finally got around to it! I loved how they boys' monograms turned out so much, so I decided to go the same route and hunt for a good frame at Goodwill.




This one was the perfect size and easy to work with.




I found the most gorgeous chevron fabric at Hobby Lobby that had all the colors of her room in it. It was perfect. I bought the F there too and spray-painted it yellow. The frame got spray-painted white. I did use a spray primer on both before painting.




I simply laid the picture backing on the fabric, cut a piece to fit and then stapled the fabric tightly in place. To glue the F on, I used my Elmer's spray adhesive which I have found to hold very strong. My boys' monograms are still intact over a year later!




Isn't it so pretty? I just love how it turned out. I think it's also timeless for her childhood years...I could see this in a teenager's room, so hopefully she'll still have it then. Not bad for just over $10 in materials {not counting the paint and glue which I already had}! I still have leftover fabric if I think of another project to go in there. Here it is in her nursery:




I know I owe y'all a nursery reveal post and I am definitely getting to it. I've just been collecting bits and pieces for her nursery as I go along, and I am now waiting on a rug - finally found the perfect one. So once that's in place, I'll have some pictures for you! Unfortunately the custom crib mobile I ordered on Etsy fell through, so I now have to wait on another one from a different seller. I also rearranged the room this weekend, so it now looks very different than any pictures you have seen of it thus far.

Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...