Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Musings

Happy Monday! {Don't punch me.}

Hope y'all had a lovely little weekend. I wasn't on the blog last week, but I had a bit going on. For starters...our laundry machine decided to die...mid-load {meaning it only got as far as filling up with water and then just sitting there, with the clothes just soaking in their own filth.} Oh, and I forgot I had started a load {thank you, Mommy Brain}, so it sat there like that for a day. It smelled rancid when I opened it {thank God it was Jake's clothes - mostly dirty construction clothing and swim trunks anyhow}. We had to take all the sopping wet clothes out one by one and stick them in an empty cooler, then maneuver the entire machine to the front of the garage so we could tip it over and drain out the water. The next day {Friday}, I pulled the cooler over to the trash and got rid of any clothing that was already stained or ripped anyway - Jake's construction clothes are no biggie to lose. I then had to lay the rest out to dry in the sun {they were way too soaked for the dryer to handle}...figuring I was rewashing them anyway, just didn't want them completely soaked and sitting for days while we waited for a new machine...but of course, it rained that day...and the next day. Oh well. I ordered a new washer from Lowe's, but it didn't arrive until Sunday...so you can imagine I'll be doing plenty of loads of laundry this week to catch up. Yippee. But I got a new washing machine!

Anywho...I received my Kate Spade diaper bag last week and I. Love. It.

Into The Wild Stevie Baby Bag {available on eBay, similar}
I especially love how it straps to the stroller like that. So cute and will definitely be used as a large purse once past the diaper years.

Last week, I ventured out more with all three kids on my own {I will say I have mastered the grocery store...at least as good as it's going to get}. We went to the play park and the pool a few times. I took Farrah into the water and she seemed to like it...wish I had a picture, but can't really take my iPhone in the pool. Here are some other pics from those outings though:






And of course a big, cute baby smile from Farrah {she's really showing some personality now!}:




She also turned 2 months on the 9th, and 9 weeks on Friday {however you like to count}.

Last week I was a little more lax than I have been on the workouts. I did do Insanity and T25 a few times, but since the boys didn't have Karate camp, I wasn't as dedicated to staying up after Farrah's 5am-ish bottle to get my workout in. This week I am back on track...they have Karate camp today, tomorrow and Thursday...so not only will I be doing Insanity every morning after Farrah's early bottle, I will also be walking the bridge with her those days. I didn't get to last week since I had the boys. BUT, I do have to proudly say that after 3-4 weeks of kicking my butt with workouts, eating right and NOT seeing the scale budge, it finally budged last week - I lost 7 lbs somehow! I think my body finally woke the hell up. I was like, "Helloooooo I'm working out, start getting skinny already!!!" {If only our bodies would just respond to pep talks.}

Anyway, since I mentioned going to the pool...I had to share this image I saw on Facebook because it's so perfect.



Have a great week, y'all!

Linking up at Monday Morning Gossip, Mingle Monday & Funday Mondays.




Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...