Thursday, July 24, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday

Thoughts for Thursday

This week has been interesting so far. I started my clean eating diet on Monday {more on that here & here} and I've definitely noticed a difference. For one, I am down 4 lbs since Monday! Obviously I believe my weight is coming off faster since I have pregnancy weight to lose and am "overweight" by my body's normal standards...but it is so exciting to watch that scale drop every day {yes, I weigh myself every day right now - making sure to keep in check}. As someone who generally ate healthy anyway, the cleaner lifestyle {they encourage you to call it lifestyle, not diet} isn't coming so hard to me...I do actually like the foods I'm eating. For me the hard part is not having red wine! But I did probably need to slow down with that anyway...when it enters back in, it will be more moderately, not so much regularly. As for when I will allow it to enter back in, that's up in the air right now. I really needed to kick-start the weight loss, so I knew I needed to make a drastic effort. Drastic, such a harsh word...I shouldn't call it that. But this girl is desperate to get back in her jeans...so I'm doing whatever it takes! I'm also making sure to get my workouts in.

In other news, while I'm still a SAHM since Farrah arrived, I will be going back to work! Working in my own home. My husband works for his dad's construction company and my FIL finally had to admit he needed help with the bookkeeping...he was just too busy to keep up on his own. So I will be working 15-20 hours per week on my own schedule from home. It will be nice to have that income back again, and it's really the ideal situation.

Another interesting thing that happened this week is my entire side of the closet randomly just fell off the wall. It was lovely. BUT there is always a bright side...and that bright side is that my husband is now finally going to create a custom closet for us {something that has been on my to-do list for him for years}! I will definitely share that with you when it's done! {Hopefully sooner than later!}

And lastly, Farrah's rug arrived from Rugs USA and I love it. I will finally be able to do a nursery reveal, but at the moment, my entire closet full of clothes is laying on the daybed in there...so that will have to wait just a little longer. But here is the rug:

Rugs USA Tuscan Ikat Chevron Pink Rug
{via}
Happy Thursday!

Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...