Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Coffee Table Books

I am slowly becoming obsessed with beautiful, big, chunky books as decor...for shelves, coffee tables, etc...{blame all the fab blogs I read daily!}

The problem with this obsession is that it can become an expensive habit, especially if you are really only buying the book for looks as opposed to reading through it. Many great books cost upwards of $20 or more at Barnes & Noble. This is why I highly recommend checking out your local thrift stores.

Check out these books I found at Goodwill the other day {I swear someone dropped off a ton of their old cookbooks because they had way more than usual}:




I LOVE LOVE LOVE that I happened upon a vintage Better Homes & Gardens recipe book that was published in the 1970s...and it's in great condition. Not bad for $1.00. I may even try some of the recipes as opposed to just using it as decor.




I thought this Charleston one was especially charming and perfect for my space {because I live here, duh!) I see it being a great conversation piece...it has so many great pictures of historic attractions in Charleston {and some BOMB recipes!}




When looking for books at thrift stores, I recommend taking a peek under the sleeve...sometimes it has more aesthetic appeal without the cover. See my books now:

















So what are you waiting for, head to your local thrift store and see what you can find!
Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...