Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happy 55th Birthday, Dad

Today's is my dad's 55th birthday.



I wanted to take the time to acknowledge this wonderful man on his day...my dad has always been a hard worker and did a wonderful job providing for our family. My brothers and I never wanted for anything {well, we wanted of course, but NEVER needed}...we had more than enough. We are very lucky to have him for a dad.

I also like to claim that I get much of my spitfire sarcasm and charming wit from him. So those of you that love me, you know who to thank...and those of you that don't, well, then why are you reading my blog? {So you DO love me! tee hee}

We live so far apart now and I know I could be a lot better about keeping in touch. I am so thankful that we got to go visit him in Idaho last week...I wish my sons got to see their Grandpa more. We are certainly going to make a better effort of visiting more often though.




Thank you, Dad, for being the great person you are. I know you've overcome a lot in your life...and to be the person you are today after all of it...shows the might of your integrity and your heart. Thank you for loving me even though I'm quite the pain {but in my defense, as previously mentioned, I got it from you.}

Happy Birthday...I love you!

Fun Fact: Breckin's due date was this day in 2010. The little bugger came early {thank God, because any later he would have been a 10lb-er!} But we gave him my dad's name, David, as a middle name in honor of him.
Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...