Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Little Love & A Lot of Yellow

You get two posts today, you lucky ducks, you!

So let's start this post off bright and happy...

I can't think of any other way to do that other than to show you my favorite Craigslist score to date:




Oh-Em-Gee, right? I was on Craigslist lurking around for fun DIY candidates when I stumbled upon the post that held this beauty. A Crate & Barrel yellow lacquered table being sold for 25% of the original price. It was a little steeper than I wanted to pay for a Craigslist console table, but it was so perfect for my space {both color and measurements}, I wouldn't have to do a thing to it and it was in excellent condition...so I didn't even bother haggling. I just wanted it to be mine.

And mine she is. God is good. {Well, God is way better to me than just perfect bright yellow console tables, but you get the gist.}

I'll be showing you how I styled her in just a hot second...but I first want to show you something I created just for the table. I'm sure many of you have seen and admired the lovely work of Jen Ramos of Made By Girl. I had been teetering and tottering over purchasing this piece from her online store the last couple of weeks:


via

After careful decision, I decided I actually wanted something painted on canvas, so I recreated the print myself using gold metallic acrylic paint. I purchased a 16x20 frame for $14.99 from Target and voila:









{I highly recommend you check out Jen's shop, especially if you are not the DIY type. I just happen to love making art myself, so when I see something I love and am able to do, I DIY it rather than buy it. She's got some great stuff though, and great ideas...I would have definitely purchased this print if I couldn't have painted it; it's not a bad price either.}

And here this LOVE-ly painting is on my beautiful yellow console table...styled up and pretty.











{This is not permanent styling - just threw some quick things together for now, and that top mirror key rack will be gone as soon as I finish my DIY project for what is going in that spot! Can't wait to show you...}

So what do you think of the new piece? {Or rather, both of them!}

I'll be coming back very soon with an update post showing you my living room befores/afters...there are still some things in progress, but I am so happy with how far it's come since earlier this year when I started to brighten things up. Stay tuned...xoxo.

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Ok LOVE the table!! The DIY print is such a good idea, I've been contemplating getting that print too but could easily make it!

Anonymous said...

Love everything about this. It would be perfect for a small entry like mine.

Happy Saturday Sharefest!

Unknown said...

@Ashley - I totally recommend DIY-ing anything you can. I am happy with how it turned out! Thanks so much for stopping by!

@carlabruns - Thank you so much, this has definitely been a great addition to my small entry. xoxo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...