Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Musings

I hope y'all had a splendid weekend! Aside from working at 5am on Saturday, the weekend turned out to be pretty nice...

As soon as I got home, I got changed and ready to take my baby on a bike ride. He has been asking for a couple weeks every time he sees my pink beach cruiser on the front porch and there just had not been an opportune time until this weekend.




After that, my husband surprised me with having coerced the neighbor girls into babysitting so we could go out for a date night. It has been much-needed. Here's what I wore - I kept it simple:


Blazer / Top / Jeans / Black Pumps (not shown) *similar*


{Yes, I did recently add some highlights...still some more to do...and will be posting a tutorial on at-home highlighting soon!}

We went to Taco Mamacita on Sullivan's Island for some fish tacos and margaritas...then we headed back to Mount Pleasant and finished off the night with a few cocktails at O'Brien's Pub since it was on the way home. I wish I could say our first date night in a long while had been super-exciting, but I was just so exhausted from having gotten up for work at 3:30am all week, and including that day...so I told him we should try it again next weekend when I've had a chance to have normal sleep hours. {Two date nights within a week? Somebody pinch me!}

Sunday was nice...Jake did some more work on the project we have going on {gave you a sneak-peak here}, I played with the boys, took Breckin on a bike ride, helped Tanner with some reading homework and also got around to finishing a few projects that were looming in the half-finished state for far too long {can't wait to share all of them with you here on the blog!}

I also finished my first week sans dairy. I won't lie, I did have a little bit of cheese...hubby cooked lasagna one night {he had completely disregarded my dairy-free efforts}, so out of pure hunger, I ate a little. And I actually did feel the effects even after only having been dairy-free a few days. So it was probably good that I tried it so that I would know...if a few days made that big of a difference, imagine what a few weeks or longer would! I definitely feel better...less of that womanly bloat going on...so I think I'm going to stick with it. And I still plan on starting Whole30 on October 1st with Grit & Glamour, but I need to get to some serious meal-planning in order to stay on track.

Speaking of getting back on track, it's Monday and I'm officially one week out from starting my half marathon training for the Charleston Marathon in January. I've been working on my running regardless, but will be sticking to a program begining October 1st. The weather has been so perfect for running - I'm loving it! This week I'm sticking to my workout plans and goals and it will start today after work with the gym. Gym bag in the Jeep and ready to go - no excuses!

Happy Monday, y'all! xoxo.

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...