Monday, January 28, 2013

Monday Musings

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

Our weekend was pretty low-key...Hubby is working the weekends until I find a good job. I start a new job today, but unfortunately it's not quite the pay I need and am worth, but right now, it's better than nothing and I'm thankful to be working again so quickly, so I can't complain. I had a lot of interviews last week {God is good}...and the job I want most I actually had a 2nd interview with already and I'm just praying that I get it. It's very "me". Hope to hear from them again sometime this week - will keep y'all updated!

On Saturday, hubby, the kids and I all went to the gym...I spent the rest of the day cleaning house, playing with kids, etc. while hubby worked..and then we opted to go to our church's evening service so we didn't have to rush around on Sunday morning. On Sunday, we pretty much hung around...I did the usual prep-for-the-week activities, we went on a bike ride with the kids and when hubby went in to work, the boys and I just laid low. And I swear I did about 10 loads of laundry. I do laundry regularly, so I don't know how I could have possibly needed to do that many loads...but I did.

So that brings me to my next topic - the laundry room {or rather closet, in the garage} It's obvious I spend a great deal of time there...and I want it to look prettier. You know, make me a little happier when I do laundry. It's going to take some time...but I definitely want to overhaul that space. I definitely want to get new machines in there, but that's going to be a little while of saving. For now, I'll just take care of the aesthetics surrounding them. Here are some inspiring pics of laundry closets with some details I may want to incorporate into mine:


Laundry room
via

Aren't those built-in cabinets and cubby shelves a Type A personality's dream? I could definitely get Hubby to create something like this for me. The calming blue hue on the walls is nice as well.


Nice laundry closet
via
I love the baskets for holding stock of household necessities.


i want a tv in my laundry closet...
via

OK, come on now, a backsplash AND a TV? Now that's doing laundry right. This would not happen for me, but man, maybe in the next casa? {Provided the laundry room is not in the garage.}


Beautiful Laundry Closet!
via
This one is just perfection. I especially love that lost sock clothespin board...who doesn't have lone socks every time they run a load?

Have a great week!


Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...