Wednesday, January 30, 2013

New Year's Resolutions: Check-In

How are y'all coming along on those New Year's resolutions of yours? As the month of January comes to a close, I thought it would be a good idea to look back at mine and see how I'm doing - a way to keep myself in check, if you will.

Let's take a look at them for a reminder, shall we?




Alrighty, so here's the lowdown.

  1. Due to an unexpected loss of my job at Boeing earlier this month, my California plans are on the backburner for now. I still REALLY want to go, and plan to, but if it doesn't happen this year, it's gotta happen next. I am working again, but the job is nearly just over half what I was making at Boeing...so not a lot of room to save dough and spend on things like this...so until I get out of this "buffer" job and into a better-paying one, the Cali trip will have to wait. Poo.
  2. I did take my boys to our local library this month. Tanner picked out some good reading books and Breckin chose some bedtime stories. I even grabbed a couple for myself - Blogging for Dummies and a CSS/HTML book.
  3. As you can see from #2, I accomplished #3 so far!
  4. I don't think I can say I fully organized one room or space this month. I organized here and there, but I really need to get out of the ADD organizing habit and stick to one thing at a time in order to really make a difference. Will do better in February. Promise.
  5. Big, fat fail {so far}. I haven't picked up my paints once this month. I need to really make a plan and carve out some time. I am also working on some printables/word art that I'd like to start selling in my shop as well.
  6. Waiting on a good Groupon for this - I've seen some photography classes on there in the past. For now, I am just playing with it on my own and reading photography blogs for tips.
  7. For the most part, I am doing better. My goal is to get up even earlier so I can squeeze in a morning run too.
  8. I don't think Hubby and I got a date night this month. Boo. Of course, with a job loss, it's hard to find extra money for things like that. Things are on the up and up, so we are going to start making this a priority.
  9. I have been drinking less wine. Though less for me is still a lot by some people's standards. So I'm going to conscientiously make the effort to keep lowering my "dose".
  10. Well, this is a joke. {I'm drinking one as I'm writing this.} Next!
  11. This is n/a for now. Can't wait for summertime weather!
  12. I really need to sit down and do this. Hubby and I have been better about getting the house tidied at night and I have been cleaning, but I really want a schedule I can look at so I can stay on top of it all.
  13. We are progressing here. He is doing it at daycare, but not always at home. The next set of diapers I buy him will be Pull-Ups...I think this one will learn faster than big bro did.
  14. This is a kinda/sorta. I want to make a really nice chart/system for him. Again, something I just need to sit down and do. Maybe I should tackle this at the same time as the cleaning schedule.
  15. Well, again, job loss makes this one a little tricky. However, we paid off a huge chunk of debt before the New Year, so we are sitting pretty in comparison to last year. As Christina Aguilera would say - "It just keeps gettin' better.."
Hope you are making some progress with your resolutions! I would love to hear about it! xoxo

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...