Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Moving On...

I realize I haven't posted much this past week...my mind has definitely been elsewhere. On Saturday, I was laid off from my job at Boeing. I had been a contractor there for about 15 months. I've done my best to keep my head up about it, though it came as a shock, I haven't shed a tear. I'm doing my best to keep my faith in God's plan for me. I know I'm an intelligent, worthwhile person, and the right gig is out there waiting for me. Boeing emotionally drained me in many ways. I gave so much of my time and energy into all that I did there...I worked many overtime hours and weekends...I took every new task thrown my way in stride and just kept running with it. It hurts to feel like it was all for nothing. I made friends there that I am missing dearly...not seeing some of them every day is a definite bummer. But I'm trying not to focus on that...and just...move on. {At least I can hope that the friends I've made will still be there, even though my job isn't.}

The good news is that I have already found a new job and I start Monday. The pay SUCKS...but at least it's something to get me by until the next opportunity comes along. I've had 2 other interviews since that one that seem promising and I have one tomorrow as well. I am crossing my fingers that the right job with the right salary will happen upon me.

But anyhow...enough about my job situation...I'm confident that will get better.

Now onto more important things...I had a chance to stop by Target today {though I doubt I'll be making any extravagant purchases any time soon, a girl can dream...} and I found a few cute new items on their shelves.


This could be a great candy bowl {not too small of candy!}:
via
This tray was so chic in person. I love the woven pattern, so unique:


via




And is this not the most fun vase ever?


via
This pillow is just too cute:

via

And this graphic has been very popular lately, not a bad price here:

Grosgrain Applique Toss Pillow (18x18")
via

And last, but certainly not least on my list - this table. I'd love two of them as our master bedside tables:

White Mirrored Drawer Accent Table
via
Hope y'all have a great week...here's to hoping I'll be back to the normal grind soon. xoxo.
Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

1 comment:

Lifes-A-Blog... said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry about your job, but god has a plan for you, and you'll have an even better job in no time! My bf works at Boeing as well and he's not really happy there either.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...